Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP! I need a fuse block wiring diagram

+2
RJLeppke
BayouBill
6 posters

Go down

HELP! I need a fuse block wiring diagram Empty HELP! I need a fuse block wiring diagram

Post by BayouBill Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:21 pm

I was on the engine side of the firewall remounting my clutch master cylinder and drilling a hole in the firewall when my drill locked up with a 3" length of wire entangled on the bit. It has a number on it (142) and I thought "Damn, what have I done". I looked on the inside of the firewall and I drilled into the back of the fuse block :-(
Now I'm trying to put this thing back together and repair the damage but I really need a fuse block diagram so I can figure out where wire number 142 goes.
Thanks for your help,
BayouBill
BayouBill

Back to top Go down

HELP! I need a fuse block wiring diagram Empty Re: HELP! I need a fuse block wiring diagram

Post by RJLeppke Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:38 pm

Hi, I have a Sebring II which did not use the modern fuse block. You will need to see if someone on the form has a MX assembly manual that has the wire diagrams. Also be aware that if you do get a diagram they included different diagrams for Chevy vs Ford harnesses. Wish I could be of more help . Just not sure what differences between my Sebring II and the MX with the fuse block.
RJLeppke
RJLeppke

Back to top Go down

HELP! I need a fuse block wiring diagram Empty Re: HELP! I need a fuse block wiring diagram

Post by BayouBill Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:41 pm

I need a fuse block diagram for the Chevy 350 build.
Someone sent me a wiring diagram but it doesn't have the wires numbered so I can't tell where wire number 142 goes.
BayouBill
BayouBill

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:39 pm

Hmm. My car uses a kit from painless wiring, not the original classic roadsters wiring. First thing I would do is give the previous owner a call. Second would be to download the assembly manual located in the database section of this forum. I'm not sure if it has the chevy diagram though. Also try posting on the yahoo group. Some of the old-timers there might have a diagram lying around.
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:32 pm

I have the wiring harness that was in my car, but I don't think it had any numbers on the wires. I checked the two manual downloads I have and none of them had the wires numbered.

I will look tomorrow and see if my wires are numbered.

Can you post a picture of your fuse block. Mine had the older glass tube type fuses. I replaced it with a blade type fuse block from a local parts store. I have a feeling that Classic may have used different parts over the years. My fuse block was mounted on the steel tubing that runs behind the dash and was no where near the firewall. Is it possible that it was the ignition switch that is on the lower part of a GM column?

I probably won't be reusing my old harness, but will not know for sure until I have the car back together so I can't get rid of it now. You are welcome to look at it if it will help. I'm about 90 miles north of you.

You may wind up having to just try all the circuits and see what doesn't work. If you are concerned about damage from a short circuit, you could wire a temporary fuse holder with a small amperage fuse in the main power cable for diagnostic purposes.

BTW - What color and size was the wire? Many harnesses use common GM color codes. I don't know if CR did.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by RJLeppke Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:40 pm

Hi, This is a shot in the dark but I think the Classic Roadster Cobra is close to the Sebring MX? On the Club Cobra site under Manufacturers is a folder for Classic Roadster II. I noticed that they have a file related to wiring.
RJLeppke
RJLeppke

Back to top Go down

Post by RJLeppke Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:49 pm

Also found this on the Club Cobra Classic Roadster II form:
Hi,
I have a build manual for the Sebring MX with the wiring diagrams - if you need I can send you jpg's of the relevant pages, I haven't got as far as the wiring myself and wont use their layout, so I didn't study it and so I'm not familliar with what they did and can't tell you, but you should be able to figure it out from the diagrams. The manual came from CR II about 2007 but I don't think much had changed,

regards, Eric
RJLeppke
RJLeppke

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:13 am

I checked my old harness. It did not have any numbers on the wires. Sorry.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Tricky1 Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:36 pm

I just went through my build manual and it seems to show circuit #142 as part of the Front Light Harness number 1000405 with 142 being the lo-beam and 144 being the high beam. If you would like me to scan the couple of pages that refer to this, let me know.

Rick
Tricky1
Tricky1

Back to top Go down

Post by E93A Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:22 pm

Hi,
you may have fixed your problem by now but if not I can confirm the info from Rick, Tricky 1, from the manual, and also that my fuse block Harness diagram, 1002670, does not have a wire 142 going to it. The table for the fuse block says 141 light sw to dimmer sw, and 143 says Dimmer sw to Hi-beam fuse, and no mention of 142, don't know if that helps, I haven't done any wiring yet and doubt that I'll use the CR setup as it looks very complicated to me,

Good luck with sorting it out, Eric

E93A

Back to top Go down

Post by BayouBill Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:46 am

Thanks for the tips guys ...
BayouBill
BayouBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down