Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Engine Harness Diagram for Ford 302

2 posters

Go down

Need Engine Harness Diagram for Ford 302 Empty Need Engine Harness Diagram for Ford 302

Post by Jeff Richards Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:12 pm

I've looked at the build manuals on this site but there doesn't seem to be a diagram that shows the 302 harness that also covers what component attaches to each wire. I could really use the diagram.

On a side note, does anyone know if CR sold a harness that was already set up for the Ford Duraspark II electronic ignition?

Thanks
Jeff Richards
Jeff Richards

Back to top Go down

Need Engine Harness Diagram for Ford 302 Empty Re: Need Engine Harness Diagram for Ford 302

Post by David V. Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:28 am

I am very doubtful about there being any stock CR harnesses for the Duraspark, unless someone corrects me. Hopefully someone can help with the diagram, i'm running chevy so no help there.

My car was re-wired with a kit from a company called "painless wiring". I'm pretty sure they can sell you a loom that can fit pretty much any engine if ever you're really stuck.

Hope you find your answers Smile

David
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Need Engine Harness Diagram for Ford 302 Empty Re: Need Engine Harness Diagram for Ford 302

Post by Jeff Richards Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:15 pm

I should have mentioned that my Sebring has the Duraspark II ignition and I'm only trying to figure out if it was originally wired for it by CR or if the first owner modified the wiring. I'm really hoping someone can point me to the wiring diagram for the engine bay harness.
Jeff Richards
Jeff Richards

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:21 pm

To my knowledge all CR looms would have been set up for an HEI type distributor unless the car was built by CR and the person who commissioned the build specified the use of the Duraspark. Otherwise its more than likely that the first owner modded the wiring.

I'm sure someone has that wiring diagram you're looking for. Unfortunately I've noticed people don't hop onto the forum much during the summer. They're probably on vacation or busy working on or enjoying their car. Once fall rolls around people start participating more. I'm going to do a little digging to try and help you. It would help if I knew what you're trying to rewire.

Are you re-doing the whole wiring harness, modifying your duraspark, troubleshooting your duraspark or looking to splice a new electrical component in somewhere?

David
David V.
David V.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:24 pm

Oh also, had you seen this diagram in the database section?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
David V.
David V.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Richards Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:42 pm

Upon further looking on the site, I found the needed diagram. As I suspected, the Ford 302 wiring harness from CR was made for the Duraspark II electronic ignition. If anyone is interested, I have jumpered the wires together that were intended for the ballast resistor since I have learned that modern aftermarket coils are able to handle full voltage and current on the primary side. I'm running .045 plug gap and hoping that combined with a 45,000V MSD Blaster coil the result will be the best possible ignition and combustion in the chambers.
Jeff Richards
Jeff Richards

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down