Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trunk and Hood Seals?

2 posters

Go down

Trunk and Hood Seals? Empty Trunk and Hood Seals?

Post by Hotrod Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:42 am

Has anyone found a good source for the rubber edge seals that go around the trunk lid and hood?

I'm looking, but so far have not found what I need.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Trunk and Hood Seals? Empty Re: Trunk and Hood Seals?

Post by AHSebring64 Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:49 pm

Go to SteeleRubber.com, they have everything rubber you'll need for your Sebring. They have detailed scale drawings of all of their products that make it easy to pick the needed shape. Get some Silly Putty, close it in the gap and then you can accurately measure the thickness necessary. Check your door seals too, the factory ones probably don't fit well.
AHSebring64
AHSebring64

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:30 pm

Steele is my usual go to for seals, but they don't list anything that matches the existing profiles. They seem to be short on listings right now. I remember pages and pages of different profiles, but not so many now.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by AHSebring64 Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:34 pm

I just looked at the Steele website and the site has a different look than the last time that I ordered but it looks to me that there is still a very large selection of shapes. Look at their Universal Parts or Street Rod Parts.

Under Universal Push-On Seals they have 21 different shapes/sizes that will work for under the hood or trunk and there are 66 different Peel-N-Stick shapes that could work in the door jamb or trunk. You don't need to worry too much about matching the existing profile, find something that will fill your particular gap. If I remember, they used to send a sample if you called them.
AHSebring64
AHSebring64

Jerry & Lisa Mills likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down