Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trunk latch source

2 posters

Go down

Trunk latch source Empty Trunk latch source

Post by georgia j Tue May 07, 2024 5:57 pm

I'm helping out a friend who just acquired a Sebring that has been sleeping for 3 decades. A father/daughter duo originally undertook the construction and got 90% though but didn't complete the project.

It is complete except for the trunk latch. In the build instructions the part is identified as -
Item 3, part #2047, description Locking Latch Handle.

Does anyone know what the origin of the trunk handle is or was it exclusive to Classic Roadsters?

We're hoping to take this beauty to Caffeine And Octane in Atlanta the first Sunday in June. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

georgia j

Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

Trunk latch source Empty Re: Trunk latch source

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Wed May 08, 2024 12:02 am

Luckily, that's an easy one to get.
It's the same as the original on the 3000.
Same with the hinges.
And like the originals, it doesn't last long.
We're on our 3rd one in 20 years but the hinges still work great.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Jimboquick and Panther like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by georgia j Wed May 08, 2024 11:29 am

Thank you very much.

Looking at the diagram and comparing it to what is on this car it appears that when this kit was assembled the builder modified the locking mechanism. I'm not sure why. Now I've got to figure out why and how to correct it.

I'll try to post a couple of pictures if I can figure out how. I'm really looking forward to driving it to car shows this summer.

georgia j

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down