Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trunk hinges

4 posters

Go down

trunk hinges Empty trunk hinges

Post by Ddcimino Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:45 pm

Hey guys, I ordered hinges for a 67 healey 3000, I don't like the fit or look, What works?
Also I have a leaf spring car has anyone installed a 4 link or independent rear? I need all the info I can get.
Thanks
Dave
Ddcimino
Ddcimino

Back to top Go down

trunk hinges Empty Re: trunk hinges

Post by Duehew Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:24 pm

About 3 years ago we put those (from Victoria British) on our car and we really like the look as they are actual Austin Healey hinges. In my opinion they look much better than the boat hinges that were on the car. Everyone has their likes and dislikes. I do not know of any othere hinges you might use.
Duehew
Duehew

Back to top Go down

Post by Ddcimino Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:46 pm

Thanks
Ddcimino
Ddcimino

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:44 pm

I'm running 4-link at the moment, was installed on the car before I got it, but if you need measurements or anything I can probably help you out. I also have a spare set of brackets that weld on to the diff, i'll check where the previous owner got them from (I'm saving them for my diff swap but can give you measurements at worst). I'm going to be changing my diff from a ford 8inch (open) to a ford explorer 8.8 (with positraction) in the next year or two and will definitely post the "how to" on my build thread.
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flyinjohn Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:39 pm

hey your car looks just like mine imagine that
I run C4 Corvette suspension all independent coil overs on front transverse spring on back.
I'm not a "real" mechanic... I bought it that way.. handles superb but is pretty stiff for sure.

flyinjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:08 pm

Hey John! If that's the case, wouldn't mind seeing a pic of your car. Suspension setup sounds great!
David V.
David V.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flyinjohn Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:29 pm

I cant seem to attch any photos?

flyinjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by flyinjohn Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:33 pm

I dropped them in ..let's see if they send?

This is when I bought the car. It's been cleaned up ap a bit since then. I have over 6K miles on it since I bought it. I lot of it X country down the Appalachians and then Route 66 from OK city to Cal

flyinjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by flyinjohn Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:36 pm

I tried again said it sent 1/2 of them other 1/2 said error file type not allowed. Send me you e-mail and I'll send them

flyinjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:12 pm

Hey John, if you are trying to add them to the gallery it won't work, it's not made for user uploads like that. You can either post them in a message here using the "host image" button (looks like a little green square with a save icon in it right above the box where you write message replies). Or e-mail them to me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and I will add them to the gallery for you.

Cheers

David
David V.
David V.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down