Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hood Hinges

3 posters

Go down

Hood Hinges Empty Hood Hinges

Post by dennyh Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:54 pm

My 1990 MX has a lift off hood. I have hinges, but I am not sure how they attach to the hood.Is there a metal support piece inside the hood? It seems to me that screwing the hinges to the fiberglass is not the way to go. Any advice will be appreciated

dennyh

Jimboquick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Hood Hinges Empty Re: Hood Hinges

Post by SaxonFord Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:01 pm

Greatings dennyh,
I'm not sure that I understand but, it sounds like you are thinking about convert your car from a lift off hood to a hinged hood? If that's the case, here's my two cents. On my car there are small slots on the back side (towards the cockpit) of the inner structure of the hood that threaded plates have slipped into, the hood hinge bolts to this plate. I used double back tape to keep to plate from sliding around when the hood in removed.
SaxonFord
SaxonFord
SaxonFord

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Sun May 05, 2024 4:52 pm

My setup is the same as Saxonford: threaded aluminum backing plates that I slid between the two layers of the hood and bonded to the inner hood skin.
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Hood Hinges Empty Hood Hinges

Post by dennyh Tue May 07, 2024 3:15 pm

Thanks for the info. Next question, how to get everything lined up.

dennyh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down