Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saxon Grill Removal

Go down

Saxon Grill Removal Empty Saxon Grill Removal

Post by Joltin Joe Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:32 pm

The CR build manual shows the grille installation performed while the front clip is off the car. Has anyone removed that grille from a fully assembled car?
I took my first close look at it today, and there's not a whole lot of wiggle room. If it does come out, it will be with a wee bit of jostling (again, assuming it comes out at all).

Thing is, if it won't come out, it would seem the radiator will have to. There's no way of lifting the grille out "vertically," since that front cross piece is part of molded front clip (sort of).
So, before I crawl back to Bruce, hat in hand, once again badgering him for his grille slats, I'd like to hear what you guys think.
Thanks, Joe

Joltin Joe

Back to top Go down