Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windshield frame

5 posters

Go down

Windshield frame Empty Windshield frame

Post by Tinkerer 1967 Mon May 25, 2020 11:49 pm

Need some pics of the windshield frame if anyone can take some prefer if you have them with the frame removed. My car didn't come with the frame so it looks like I'll have to fabricate one. Thanks

Joe

Tinkerer 1967

Back to top Go down

Windshield frame Empty Re: Windshield frame

Post by Monrob22 Tue May 26, 2020 12:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Not the best pictures but I hope they give you an idea of the shape and extrusion. Take a look in the classified section, a fellow member Bkdodds had one for sale a couple weeks ago. Thanks for the compliment and yes it's a manual rack. Can't say how it performs yet as my car is far from finished.

Robert

Monrob22

http://Monarchcustomcabinetry.com

Back to top Go down

Windshield frame Empty Badge removal

Post by Lurp3 Thu May 28, 2020 12:53 am

I am doing a new paint job but don’t see how the front hood and rear trunk lids badges come off? Any ideas?
Mine is a 1988 5000 model.

Lurp3

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Gordon Sun May 31, 2020 12:45 am

Possibly adhesive. I have had good experience with wire to cut through the aggressive, and heat gun with putty knife. Good luck.
Ed

Ed Gordon

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Sun May 31, 2020 2:01 am

Nylon guitar string or fishing line works wonders for removing glued emblems, then use some spray-on adhesive remover on what's left
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down