Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tire size?

3 posters

Go down

Tire size? Empty Tire size?

Post by Stevez Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:32 am

This is primarily an aesthetics question, but I’d like to know your thoughts please. I am building a 1990 Sebring 5000 MX (wide fender flares front and rear). The non running car came with 427 Pin Drive wheels (17x7”) with 4 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 215 45r17 tires (brand new). I think the tires are too small in diameter to properly fill the wheel wells. I prefer wider width tires in the rear which means I’ll probably get wider 427 Pin Drives for the rear. What size tire and wheels are you running that you think look great with the Sebring? The rear wheel offset is a whole other subject for another topic.
Thanks for your thoughts and sharing any pictures with their specs for this build.

Stevez

Joltin Joe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Tire size? Empty Re: Tire size?

Post by Hotrod Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:37 pm

Check with Team 3 wheels. They sell 427 pin drives in custom offsets. Can't help you with the tire size, but will probably want something 26-27 inches OD.

Be careful with the width and offsets on the wheels. The 5000 won't take a whole lot of width. That's why Classic Roadsters made the MX version wider in the rear body. Custom wheels will be the only way to maximize tire width.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Jimboquick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:20 pm

+1 on the TeamIII wheels, they're gorgeous.
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down