Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would be interested in new hard tops, scooped hoods and other parts if I reproduced them?

+43
ctmiller77
Kristopher
Stevez
master tint
Joltin Joe
bobstrop
Ange1255
Hotrod
duxforme
Richard M
JRW
harrybruton
I never ever overspend
Painterone
Duehew
phydeaux
Chief
Acrods
Saxmann
dr_mccann
David V.
Lurp3
skinnyonce
Monrob22
Jerry & Lisa Mills
rloafman
Dakota100
Manx69
richardw52
archngl
Ramjam72
LelandR
softtale@aol.com
DMZins
akrmar
rogerjulian
togo
pb
csmck
Kevin
angelo01
aronhk_md
flyinjohn
47 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Who would be interested in new hard tops, scooped hoods and other parts if I reproduced them? - Page 4 Empty Re: prices

Post by Monrob22 Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:50 pm

Duehew wrote:I hate to be a downer but every time I see these posts without any prices I get a little suspect. I have even asked for a cost and never get an answer. We went through an issue like this several years and was taken for 8 grand so yes I am leary.

Duehew,
I completely understand, It has been difficult to list prices for every part as the amount of materials and time varies from part to part.
I would like to clarify what I have been telling people.

Scooped Hood $600
Louvered hood $600
Functional Scooped Hood $750
Hardtop with window and header $ 1200
Wheel arch liners front $350 Rear $ 200

Shipping is the tough part and expensive and is in addition to the costs.
So if there are say three people in the midwest for example that need parts, I could group package them to help share the freight costs.

To set up and produce a part is time consuming and my Cabinetry business always takes first place with my time. So I ask people who want parts to come forward so that I can be efficient with time and costs.
This venture is to promote the Sebring line and keep our cars on the road. I have laid out a fair chunk in obtaining the molds and I realize that was my gamble. Eventually my hope is that I may recover my costs, and make fellow members happy with a source for parts. I will post a more detailed price list in the classified section also.

Monrob22

Monrob22

http://Monarchcustomcabinetry.com

Duehew, Jerry & Lisa Mills, engdriver, Ramjam72, Joltin Joe and ctmiller77 like this post

Back to top Go down

Who would be interested in new hard tops, scooped hoods and other parts if I reproduced them? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who would be interested in new hard tops, scooped hoods and other parts if I reproduced them?

Post by Duehew Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:46 pm

THANK you for the update, greatly appreciated.
Duehew
Duehew

Back to top Go down

Who would be interested in new hard tops, scooped hoods and other parts if I reproduced them? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who would be interested in new hard tops, scooped hoods and other parts if I reproduced them?

Post by Hotrod Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:47 am

I have received a hood, which looked good and perfectly usable, and I'm awaiting delivery of a trunk lid inner panel. The trunk lid panel has been shipped.

The hood is lighter than the original CR hood, but it is hand laid instead of being made with a chopper gun. Hand layups are generally lighter than chopper gun parts. This is why hand laid parts are generally used in race cars.

I have been satisfied with my dealings with Robert. I do understand the delays. I have had a business and know that they can eat a lot more time than a regular job.

Hotrod
Hotrod

David V., Jimboquick, Jerry & Lisa Mills and Monrob22 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange1255 Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:43 pm

I need the chrome grill surround for a 1989 mx

Ange1255

Monrob22 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Who would be interested in new hard tops, scooped hoods and other parts if I reproduced them? - Page 4 Empty Grill surround

Post by Monrob22 Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:33 pm

Ange1255 wrote:I need the chrome grill surround for a 1989 mx

Please reach out to me at
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Robert

Monrob22

Back to top Go down

Post by bobstrop Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:12 pm

How much for a hardtop shipped to SE Missouri,I am interested?I have a classic roadster sebring.

bobstrop

Back to top Go down

Post by Joltin Joe Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:21 pm

Any chance of getting a pair of "shaved" doors? Mike and I have talked about this. I'd be interested in just about any kind of door (dished?) other than the Chevette style.
Thanks, bro,
Joe

Joltin Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by master tint Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:35 am

Dakota100 wrote:I have a hard top for the Sebring I'm looking to sell. It is missing the rear window
how much for sebring hard top?

master tint

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevez Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:08 am

If the hardtop is still for sale, where is it? Do you know who has replacement rear windows?
Thank you

Stevez

Monrob22 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Who would be interested in new hard tops, scooped hoods and other parts if I reproduced them? - Page 4 Empty Rear window

Post by Monrob22 Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:54 am

Stevez wrote:If the hardtop is still for sale, where is it? Do you know who has replacement rear windows?
Thank you

I can help you with the rear windows and seal if needed. Please PM or email me.

Monrob22

Back to top Go down

Who would be interested in new hard tops, scooped hoods and other parts if I reproduced them? - Page 4 Empty Shaved Doors

Post by Monrob22 Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:55 am

Joltin Joe wrote:Any chance of getting a pair of "shaved" doors? Mike and I have talked about this. I'd be interested in just about any kind of door (dished?) other than the Chevette style.
Thanks, bro,
Joe

I am only making the Chevette style door skins at this time. Sorry. Filling them as Hotrod has done is relatively easy.
I am working on a set similar to the old Saxon or actual Healey that will accept a VW or similar handle.

Monrob22

Monrob22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristopher Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:41 pm

I'm interested in a hard top

Kristopher

Monrob22 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:04 am

Kristopher wrote:I'm interested in a hard top

Kristopher, reach out to me please....

Robert

Monrob22

Back to top Go down

Post by ctmiller77 Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:39 pm

Definitely always good to have options available.

ctmiller77

Monrob22 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Who would be interested in new hard tops, scooped hoods and other parts if I reproduced them? - Page 4 Empty hardtop

Post by archngl Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:11 pm

Monrob22 wrote:Hello everybody! This is an attempt to test the waters. I don't mean to hijack this thread created by another member but we all seem to have interest in replacement parts . I am seriously considering purchasing the molds for the Sebring family . But to decide whether it's actually viable with the money involved, I'd like a little poll on who would want parts and how many and what type. I have gone through all the postings but tend to lose track after a while with all the extra commentary that is included. So can I please get responses in single word form as to who would want what ? This would also help me establish a pricing structure to keep the pieces very affordable yet still trying to recoup some of my expense . For example if you can return post with just  "Scooped Hood" or "door" or "Front clip" etc.
Thank you and let's keep Sebrings on the road!

archngl

Ramjam72 and Sandstorm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstorm Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:41 pm

I would be up for purchasing a hardtop for my Sebring. And update on the possibility of making them from the molds? Thanks in advance.

Sandstorm

Monrob22 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:52 am

Sandstorm wrote:I would be up for purchasing a hardtop for my Sebring. And update on the possibility of making them from the molds? Thanks in advance.

Sandstorm, please reach out to me and I think I can definitely help you.

Robert

Monrob22

latemodelcar14@gmail.com likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mirowitzlorrain Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:36 pm

I am looking for a hood

mirowitzlorrain

Monrob22 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:34 am

mirowitzlorrain wrote:I am looking for a hood

I Sent you a pm

Monrob22

Back to top Go down

Who would be interested in new hard tops, scooped hoods and other parts if I reproduced them? - Page 4 Empty New member - Hello Everyone

Post by SaxonFord Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:02 pm

Hello everyone, I just found this forum, it feels good to know that i'm not alone.
I have had my Saxon for about 18 years, it was an Chevy Chevett based car with a 2" frame, very very sad. I have done a lot of work to this car: I added 3" to the frame and used as much as I could from a 5.0 Mustang donor car to wake it up... Some of the other things I did are, Lexan windshield / wiper delete, shaved the top of the doors -side glass delete. I also shaved the top bump / top delete and made a cover over the back seat. I slid it into a pole about 2 years ago and have been in the process of repairing it ever since.
SaxonFord
SaxonFord

Back to top Go down

Post by Light3 Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:20 am

HI I would be very interested in getting a Hardtop Hood for my Saxon Replica. Jennifer 310 714-8970

Light3

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:29 pm

On the top right of the home screen,
Click on the picture labeled
"Replacement Body Panels"

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4