Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would be interested in new hard tops, scooped hoods and other parts if I reproduced them?

+43
ctmiller77
Kristopher
Stevez
master tint
Joltin Joe
bobstrop
Ange1255
Hotrod
duxforme
Richard M
JRW
harrybruton
I never ever overspend
Painterone
Duehew
phydeaux
Chief
Acrods
Saxmann
dr_mccann
David V.
Lurp3
skinnyonce
Monrob22
Jerry & Lisa Mills
rloafman
Dakota100
Manx69
richardw52
archngl
Ramjam72
LelandR
softtale@aol.com
DMZins
akrmar
rogerjulian
togo
pb
csmck
Kevin
angelo01
aronhk_md
flyinjohn
47 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who would be interested in new hard tops, scooped hoods and other parts if I reproduced them? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who would be interested in new hard tops, scooped hoods and other parts if I reproduced them?

Post by phydeaux Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:21 pm

I'd be interested in a scoop hood.
thank you

phydeaux

Back to top Go down

Who would be interested in new hard tops, scooped hoods and other parts if I reproduced them? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who would be interested in new hard tops, scooped hoods and other parts if I reproduced them?

Post by Duehew Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:09 pm

I might be interested in the functional scooped hood also. Where would we putchase the scoop grill? Moss Motors? Victoria British?
Duehew
Duehew

Monrob22 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:55 pm

Duehew wrote:I might be interested in the functional scooped hood also. Where would we putchase the scoop grill? Moss Motors? Victoria British?

I have purchased the grill from both ebay and Moss. They seem to fit just fine. Unfortunately I am still trying to get the molds relocated to Oregon. The Covid 19 issue has made it very difficult to enter Canada and retrieve them. Please, all of you that are interested in parts please bear with me. I have several people wanting Hoods and I will produce them as quickly as possible. I also have some new sills in the works and am still looking for a donor set of Saxon doors. To make new molds from for those of us that do not care for the Chevette flush handle.

Monrob22

Monrob22

http://Monarchcustomcabinetry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Painterone Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:31 pm

After several moves and 30 yrs. later I’ve taken my Sebring
Kit out of storage. Doing inventory I’m finding lots of items missing including the build manual, any help out there? Alex

Painterone

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:54 pm

Alex, re you missing any fiberglass parts?
There is a copy of the build manual in the database section I believe.

Monrob22

Monrob22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:00 am

Hi there Alex,

Welcome to the forum.
Since you're new here, would you be up to telling us about your car ? How far along are you, what engine etc ? If you chose to list your location, someone might be near you to help.
It's also a good idea to start a new thread when changing from the title topic.

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by I never ever overspend Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:50 pm

i would be interested in a hardtop if the price is not to far out there

I never ever overspend

Monrob22 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by harrybruton Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:16 pm

I would be interested in a fiberglass grill surround if you are building small parts like that. Doesn't have to be chrome necessarily.

harrybruton

Monrob22 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Who would be interested in new hard tops, scooped hoods and other parts if I reproduced them? - Page 3 Empty Grill surround

Post by Monrob22 Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:32 pm

harrybruton wrote: I would be interested in a fiberglass grill surround if you are building small parts like that.    Doesn't have to be chrome necessarily.

Can do! That is one of the molds that suffered some damage. As soon as I can get it fixed I will do fiberglass surrounds. Am also looking into chrome outstripping for them.

Monrob 22

Monrob22

Back to top Go down

Post by I never ever overspend Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:32 pm

I am in Connecticut for the second time this year to pick up another seabring mxr I am getting a body only this time . New York is crazy just when you think you have seen it all , they build even more super tall buildings

I never ever overspend

Back to top Go down

Who would be interested in new hard tops, scooped hoods and other parts if I reproduced them? - Page 3 Empty Hard tops

Post by JRW Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:33 pm

I have a vinyl top but seeing I live in the mountains would be interested if they were somewhat reasonable

JRW

Back to top Go down

Post by harrybruton Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:14 pm

harry bruton.......................I need a grill surround.............chrome not necessary..................what's your plan?......thanks, harry

harrybruton

Monrob22 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:51 pm

harrybruton wrote: harry bruton.......................I need a grill surround.............chrome not necessary..................what's your plan?......thanks,     harry

I'm making a new mold for those, should be ready in a couple weeks. Chrome not available at this time but I plan to experiment with chrome hydro dipping. Feel free to give me a call if you like.

Robert
541-530-0124

Monrob22

Back to top Go down

Post by Duehew Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:31 pm

Possibly hardtop. Where would I get the rear window glass?? Would the chrome intake from Moss be used on the hoods? Thank you.
Duehew
Duehew

Monrob22 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:01 pm

Duehew wrote:Possibly hardtop. Where would I get the rear window glass?? Would the chrome intake from Moss be used on the hoods? Thank you.

Rear window (glass) is Plexiglass and will be included with the Hardtop. Yes the Moss scoop grill is the one I am using and will fit with a little modification. Another Member James McQ is trying to 3d print the Original CR Grill part I lent him.

Robert

Monrob22

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:07 pm

Nice! Did you find a place that could make the rear windows?
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:11 pm

David V. wrote:Nice! Did you find a place that could make the rear windows?

It's just flat Plexi cut to a pattern. The hard part is finding the rubber seal to hold it in.

Monrob22

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard M Mon May 03, 2021 1:45 pm

I’d be interested in a hard top
Is there a way of seeing how they look when fitted?
Sorry I’m new to this. I bought an Mx only 3 days ago
It has a broken plastic hinge in the aluminium tubing for the convertible roof. Can anyone direct me how to get a replacement part

Many thanks

Richard M

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Mon May 03, 2021 2:21 pm

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your purchase  Very Happy  Feel free to post some pictures of your car in the new-members section for us all to ogle.

Not sure about the plastic hinge, I think my convertible top has a metal one, but most boat builders should be able to sort you out (same hardware as sailboat Bimini tops generally). Here's mine with the hardtop test-fitted:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Jerry & Lisa Mills, duxforme and Richard M like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duehew Mon May 03, 2021 4:34 pm

How about posting prices so people can make an educated decision.
Duehew
Duehew

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 Mon May 03, 2021 4:43 pm

Duehew wrote:How about posting prices so people can make an educated decision.

I have been working on that. The new section seems to be a bit tricky to post things in. I do hope to have a realistic price list soon.

Monrob22

Monrob22

Duehew and Jerry & Lisa Mills like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duxforme Fri May 14, 2021 1:38 am

Interested in a hardtop if it fits a Saxon. Thanks

duxforme

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:56 am

Hard too yes! Actually I need both!

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:51 am

Attention to all who have responded to this thread. I am now producing the new parts and taking orders. Soooooo, if anyone would like to be put in the production list please respond to me via my email and or a phone call. I do not get to check the forum as often as I'd like and I don't wish to see anyone overlooked.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

541-530-0124
Thanks and Happy motoring!

Robert

Monrob22

Hotrod and Jerry & Lisa Mills like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duehew Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:25 pm

I hate to be a downer but every time I see these posts without any prices I get a little suspect. I have even asked for a cost and never get an answer. We went through an issue like this several years and was taken for 8 grand so yes I am leary.
Duehew
Duehew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next