Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Saxon and Sebring parts

+5
duxforme
csmck
RJLeppke
Hotrod
Monrob22
9 posters

Go down

New Saxon and Sebring parts Empty New Saxon and Sebring parts

Post by Monrob22 Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:40 pm

Hello everyone and happy new year! A while ago I had posted a few queries about the interest in replacement parts for our cars. Many of you did respond with requests for the parts you would like if they were to be reproduced again. That interest along with my desire to see these cars continue on the road is what helped me make my final decision.
After many months of negotiations I have secured the purchase of a full set of original classic roadsters molds! These include the outside body panels for both the Saxon and the Sebring MX, unfortunately the Sebring 5000 with the smaller flares was not available. This spring I hope to relocate everything to my shop in Oregon and to begin small volume production shortly thereafter.
I am still working on a pricing structure with the big caveat being shipping of Course.
My goal is to keep the prices reasonable while still being able to recover my investment. I am definitely open and invite fellow members ideas, suggestions, and or requests . Working with David our administrator, once I have produced new parts and have the bugs worked out we'll work on a separate webpage or something similar for direct purchase. I am very excited about this new venture and the ability to offer new hoods or hard tops or other bits and pieces that we all need or have had damaged.
I will not be offering mechanical parts such as chassis or suspensions or other metal pieces . I think it would be awesome to be able to team up with another member who is stronger in that field than I am. Perhaps one of you will step forward if so inclined in that area . I am however still on the lookout for a bear chassis as my sons are both very adept at welding and I think it would be need to replicate that part as well . For now I have included a couple pictures to show the state of the molds as is . They will need a little cleanup but I think there still a lot of life left in them.
Thank you for taking time to read my little post.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Monrob22 on Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Monrob22

http://Monarchcustomcabinetry.com

Juddster likes this post

Back to top Go down

New Saxon and Sebring parts Empty Re: New Saxon and Sebring parts

Post by Hotrod Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:45 pm

Sounds great!  I wish you well in this endeavor. It will be nice to have a source for replacement parts, should they be needed.

As to the Sebring 5000 rear section.  I would imagine a lot of folks would want to upgrade to the wider fenders on the 5000 just to make tires easier to fit.  The front sections were the same, I think. If I were not past the refitting of my body panels, I would seriously consider doing just that.

The scooped hood should be a good seller and fairly easy to ship. I paid through the nose for one from someone on the old Yahoo site.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:25 pm

Thank you Hotrod! I think this will be fun, if nothing else at least a number of us can get rid of the louvered hoods! And I agree the MX rear end does look better than the 5000 . I am fitting 10 inch rims under mine.

Monrob22

Back to top Go down

Post by RJLeppke Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:55 pm

I also wish you the very best in getting this up and running. It was sad to see Classic Roadster shut down. I visited the factory in ND many times. I built mine in 1988 while I living in Boston. I am about ready to transfer it to my son in Vegas. He helped me build it while he was in HS.
RJLeppke
RJLeppke

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:05 pm

RJLeppke wrote:I also wish you the very best in getting this up and running.  It was sad to see Classic Roadster shut down. I visited the factory in ND many times.  I built mine in 1988 while I living in Boston.   I am about ready to transfer it to my son in Vegas.  He helped me build it while he was in HS.

Thank you RJ!! I hope this will catch on as I also have some additional parts in the works.
What wheels are you using? from your avatar it looks like wires but I am unsure as to make?

Monrob22

JRW likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by csmck Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:55 am

Hello,
Im definitely interested in obtaining a scooped hood and swap out my louvered version. Has anyone turned a louvered hood into one that actually allows air flow?

Charles

csmck

Back to top Go down

New Saxon and Sebring parts Empty Scooped Hood

Post by Monrob22 Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:34 pm

csmck wrote:Hello,
Im definitely interested in obtaining a scooped hood and swap out my louvered version. Has anyone turned a louvered hood into one that actually allows air flow?

Charles

Charles, yes I am in the process now of converting my lovered hood.
Once I get the bugs worked out I will modify one of the molds to reflect the change to a functional scoop.

Monrob

Monrob22

Juddster likes this post

Back to top Go down

New Saxon and Sebring parts Empty Sebring molds update

Post by Monrob22 Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:07 am

I will be on my way to pick up all the Sebring Molds in two weeks!
Once I have them in my own digs I will post updated pictures and narrow down the repair needs. Then I will pull one of each part before taking any orders.

Monrob22

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:23 am

Sounds good. Hope you're staying safe from the coronavirus!

Looking forward to seeing what you can offer.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:40 pm

Thanks Hotrod!

Monrob22

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:31 am

Update on the Sebring Molds,
The covid19 thing has delayed my picking up the molds.
Canada as you all know has closed the border so I will have to wait for travel restrictions to be lifted. Hopefully not too far in the future. But public health is way more important than car hobbies! Did I just say that out loud?
Oops!

Monrob22

Back to top Go down

Post by duxforme Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:13 pm

Hi Monrob22. Fellow Oregonian and as of Aug. ‘19 proud owner of a Saxon Healey by Classic Roadsters. I’m thrilled to have found this forum and your post about the business venture. The idea of having replacement parts and body panels available is reassuring to say the least. Hopefully you will be back on track again soon (stupid Covid!). I would love to be included on any update threads you may have regarding your business and would also love to be a part of any get together’s or rally’s/drives that fellow enthusiasts may organize. I’m in the Portland area, FYI, but willing to travel.
As for my Saxon, it’s missing it’s soft top and I would be very interested in any ideas you or others may have as far as sourcing a replacement or a hard top (if such a thing exists).
I’m not sure if there’s a private message feature with the forum but I’d welcome it if you have any additional email Or just replying here works great too. Please let me know. Looking forward to meeting you and other Oregon Saxon/Sebring enthusiasts!!

duxforme

Monrob22 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:30 pm

duxforme wrote:Hi Monrob22. Fellow Oregonian and as of Aug. ‘19 proud owner of a Saxon Healey by Classic Roadsters. I’m thrilled to have found this forum and your post about the business venture. The idea of having replacement parts and body panels available is reassuring to say the least. Hopefully you will be back on track again soon (stupid Covid!). I would love to be included on any update threads you may have regarding your business and would also love to be a part of any get together’s or rally’s/drives that fellow enthusiasts may organize. I’m in the Portland area, FYI, but willing to travel.  
As for my Saxon, it’s missing it’s soft top and I would be very interested in any ideas you or others may have as far as sourcing a replacement or a hard top (if such a thing exists).
I’m not sure if there’s a private message feature with the forum but I’d welcome it if you have any additional email Or just replying here works great too. Please let me know. Looking forward to meeting you and other Oregon Saxon/Sebring enthusiasts!!

Hello and welcome! Just saw your post and would love to help in any way I can.
Please feel free to give me a call 541-530-0124.
I am 3hours south of you in Roseburg. Would love to see pictures of your car

Monrob22

Monrob22

duxforme likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:59 am

Hello Dux,
I'm near by and can help.
Do you have the frame and just need the top,
or do you need it all ?
We've done some preliminary research to replace ours, as it is just worn out.
I'll PM you and we can work out details.

Jerry & Lisa Mills

duxforme likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duxforme Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:41 am

Thank you both Monrob22 and Jerry!! I do have the frame but the top was long gone before I purchased the car last year. I saw in previous posts about cars and coffee and went with my Healey there a couple of times before they shut it down WoS. Would have loved to meet you and your cars! Perhaps again soon. Being a convertible in it’s current state it’s a fair weather driver only, hence my desire to get a top for it ASAP. I’d love to take it our year round and look forward to doing so. I’ll try and post some pics here. Thank you again for your generous offers to help me. I’ll reach out this week.
David 503-550-9748

duxforme

Back to top Go down

Post by duxforme Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:44 am

Sorry for the duplicate images. Here’s a couple
more. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

duxforme

Jimboquick and Monrob22 like this post

Back to top Go down

New Saxon and Sebring parts Empty Parts Update!

Post by Monrob22 Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:18 pm

This last weekend my son and I layed up a scooped hood and liner from the original molds. Other than a gel coat error ( My Bad) They came out great! I will be doing another part next weekend and hopefully can soon take orders. Thank you all for your patience!

Monrob22

Monrob22

David V., Jimboquick and Jerry & Lisa Mills like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:45 pm

Waxed up and then spraying on the gel coat!

Monrob22

David V., Jerry & Lisa Mills, Monrob22 and Manx69 like this post

Back to top Go down

New Saxon and Sebring parts Empty replacement parts

Post by dietz Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:59 pm

I have recently fallen in love with a 1964 Austin Healey Sebring replica. Having doubts about purchasing because not sure how to acquire replacement parts. All chrome is pitted and needs to be replaced, have gotten the MOSS catalog but they say parts made are for original car not kit car. Would love some input.

dietz

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:20 pm

Hey dietz Moss is right about their parts not fitting our cars. However parts can be found. The Bumpers are from an MG-TD not a Healey, the grille surround and windshield caps are plastic and unique to Sebrings, so the consensus seems to be a good quality chrome vinyl wrap on those, or find some for sale from other members. Headlight trim rings are from a 1950s chevy truck I believe. Trunk handle and hinges are real Healey items and can be had from Moss or Victoria-British. The toughest part is the grille on the scooped hood vent which would need re-chromed. Monrob is poised to sell replacement body panels as noted above.
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Jerry & Lisa Mills, Manx69, dietz and JRW like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JRW Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:22 am

Hi everyone!
So glad 2 find this forum and am encouraged by your information. Back in 92 I had placed a small down on a Cobra kit just before Classic filed. My wife was against another build but just 2 weeks ago I came upon a Classic Sebring 5000 at a good price & it has been stored in a garage all this time & I already can see the value of this forum. Glad 2 be here! JRW

JRW

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:56 am

Hi JR
Welcome, and thanks for rescuing another one.
Please share details if you're so inclined.
Is it running or is it an unassembled kit ?
If you list your state, you may find you have someone on this blog near you that can help if you need it.

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by JRW Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:21 pm

I hope someone comes up with the chassis and other hardware to duplicate and continue to build these kits.

JRW

Back to top Go down

Post by JRW Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:23 pm

Such a classy car and helps those on a budget to be in the game

JRW

Jerry & Lisa Mills likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JRW Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:29 pm

This car is unassembled. Right now I am Cleaning up the brackets and repainting them with a rust inhibitor paint. It is a Sebring 5000. SBC mounts and Turbo 350 cross member

JRW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down