Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wiper Wiring Issue

2 posters

Go down

Wiper Wiring Issue  Empty Wiper Wiring Issue

Post by ArthurBNH Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:52 pm

I can only get the fast speed from my wipers and need some help.

To the best of what I can figure I have Chevette column and VW wiper motor,  Its hard to get up there but I only have 2 wires connected to the wiper motor red and green but there are 5 connections on the motor total 1 under and 4 in a row. The green is connected to the underside one and the red is connected to the first of the 4 starting in the passenger side.  There also is a white and blue wire up there that are not connected to anything.   I have looked over the wiring in the assembly manual and can't find what I am missing,

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Arthur

ArthurBNH
ArthurBNH

Back to top Go down

Wiper Wiring Issue  Empty Re: Wiper Wiring Issue

Post by AHSebring64 Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:37 pm

In the Assembly Manual, the wiper wiring is part of the Steering Column Pigtail Harness. If you have a wiper switch on your column then it would appear that not all of the wires are connected to your wiper motor. Some Sebrings without a column switch only have a one speed off/on switch on the dash. If that is your case, then you need to get an aftermarket 2-speed with park wiper switch (I used one from American Autowire). Look up a wiring diagram for a 67 and up VW wiper motor to see where the wires go.
AHSebring64
AHSebring64

Jimboquick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ArthurBNH Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:36 pm

Thanks

I have located a wiring diagram for a VW (attached) and the corresponding page in the build manual (attached)  The connection designations are a match but the wire colors from the CR pigtail are different.

I have a white, blue, red and green wire coming off the CR pigtail.

Does anyone know want color goes to what connection on the wiper motor?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ArthurBNH
ArthurBNH

Jimboquick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AHSebring64 Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:15 pm

Always interesting the differences between the various years or models of Sebrings. My wiring diagram is different from yours and all of my original wiring was white.

Searching for VW wiper wiring will eventually find a description of what the wires to those labeled terminals are for (see: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

30 = 12v Power from fuse block
53a = Park position 12v
31 = Motor Chassis Ground
31b = Ground from switch
53 = Low speed 12v
53b = High speed 12v

With a Volt/Ohm Meter you should be able to operate your wiper switch and determine what each wire does at various switch positions and attach accordingly.
AHSebring64
AHSebring64

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down