Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Triangulated Parallel 4 link conversion

2 posters

Go down

Triangulated Parallel 4 link conversion Empty Triangulated Parallel 4 link conversion

Post by Joe Yannone Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:04 pm

Hi All, I am in the process of converting my Sebring from leaf to a triangulated 4 link system with coil over shocks. I believe this is what was done on the Sebring MX's. Does anyone have a manual or possibly some photos of the undercarriage I could use for reference?
Joe Yannone
Joe Yannone

Back to top Go down

Triangulated Parallel 4 link conversion Empty Re: Triangulated Parallel 4 link conversion

Post by Hotrod Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:44 pm

The MX used Fox body Mustang rear suspension.  I believe it was installed just as it came out of the Mustang.  I'm not sure if there was any major difference in the rear portion of the frame.

If you can get a look under a Fox body Mustang, you should be able to get the dimensions you need. The coilovers would be a modification from the stock Mustang, since they were regular coil springs with separate shocks. I know that DrJ, on this forum, did the coilover swap.

One issue you may run into it fender width.  It has more or less been determined that the MX had wider rear fenders than the 5000 version.  I would imagine that the fender were widened to fit the wider track of the Fox body suspension.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Jerry & Lisa Mills likes this post

Back to top Go down