Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Healey Replica Manufacturer

+3
Jerry & Lisa Mills
Hotrod
Monrob22
7 posters

Go down

New Healey Replica Manufacturer Empty New Healey Replica Manufacturer

Post by Monrob22 Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:19 pm

Hello everyone,
I am trying to judge interest people may have for a new Healey Replica.
This one is based on the stock measurements of the original Healey but will have fender flares and a chassis for a v-8 similar to the HMC version. Aftermarket Healey parts will fit and can be found at many suppliers. Standard fiberglass body in one piece including cockpit tub. So before I commit $$$ I thought a little market research is in order to see if it will be profitable enough.
I realize the parts for our cars are almost nonexistent and the people that have the tooling do not seem interested in producing new parts.
I imagine that is for economical reasons. Any input or opinions offered will be appreciated. I think this would be a fun venture, but I am sure there are many factors I have missed or not yet considered.

Thank you all

Monrob22

Monrob22

http://Monarchcustomcabinetry.com

Back to top Go down

New Healey Replica Manufacturer Empty Re: New Healey Replica Manufacturer

Post by Hotrod Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:24 pm

Sounds interesting and would be a fun car to build. Unfortunately, for me at least, retirement will soon be on me. The Sebring I'm redoing now will most likely be the last full build I'll be able to do financially.

I hope it goes well for you if you decide to give it a go.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:42 pm

Don't know nearly enough to give advice, but it sounds good and could pay off big time. The Healey kits were the number two seller nation wide in the '80s and '90s. Second only to the 100 or so different Cobra kits. People really like seeing these.
Don't know if that translates to sales among the aging people that love them and can afford one.
I'd be interested in what your research turns up.

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakota100 Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:41 pm

A new Healey replica is a nice idea (especially being able to use stock 3000 parts), but someone should make body parts to service all the owners of the original Classic roadsters Healey replicas. It's probably a much cheaper venture than a completely new replica.
If the business is a success making the classic roadster parts, that might be the time to start thinking about the new replica
Also consider that the market for the Healey replica is probably shrinking because of the age of the people that new the original car, are in their 60's and 70's

Dakota100

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:09 pm

For those that are interested this is my way of modifying my existing hood to have a scooped hood. The one pic is the stock classic roasters louvered hood the second pic includes a splash of a Healey 106 hood. the alignment and curvature blends very well. my thoughts are combining these two and if successful with enough interest, casting the end result as an option for sale.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Monrob22

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:23 pm

Whoa! Where did you find the fiberglass section of 100-6 hood? It has the very rare center-strake that was present for only the earliest 100-6s.

Also I wonder if you could pull off something like this by moving the louvers over the scoop, the extra cooling certainly wouldn't go amiss.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

stevie2_de likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:03 pm

David
I do like the look of the louvers on the scoop, but for me they would have to be functional which means sheet-metal I don't think they look good in fiberglass especially the fake ones. The strake really adds some class to the hood I think. This strake is actually replicated by glassing over 3/16 inch fuel line. I'm going to do the same on my trunk lid. I will grind off the louvers and then cut out this center section because this will be a functional scoop as well. I will then set in the new center section and blend it all together. Best part is that I can use existing new or re-chromed actual healey parts!

Monrob22

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony C Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:53 am

Do you sell the Oval chrome piece around the grill, hood latch or drivers side headlight assembly? Or would you know where I could buy them or if they came off a certain donor car? Thank you very much Tony C

Tony C

Back to top Go down

New Healey Replica Manufacturer Empty Grill Surround

Post by Monrob22 Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:53 pm

Tony C wrote:Do you sell the Oval chrome piece around the grill, hood latch or drivers side headlight assembly? Or would you know where I could buy them or if they came off a certain donor car?  Thank you very much Tony C

Hi! Yes I will be selling them soon. I am still fabricating the replacement mold for them.
Please feel free to call me if you like.

Robert
541-530-0124

Monrob22

Back to top Go down

Post by master tint Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:01 am

hi, where i can buy taillights and rear blinker

master tint

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:07 am

One solution is to buy 1950 Pontiac taillights.  They are available from the street rod aftermarket as new reproduction parts.  They look a lot better than the original Classic Roadsters tractor parts.  The Pontiac lights are available as regular 1157 bulbs or LED's.  I recommend the LED units as they are much brighter.  I have used these from Speedway:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They use the standard 1157 bulbs.  For my current Healey build, I am using LED units from Rodworx, but can't find a link.  They were a mom and pop type company and might not have survived the covid shutdowns.  They always attended Cruizin the Coast as vendors and that's where I bought mine.  They had the brightest LED taillights I have ever seen.

The turn signals can be replaced with Lucas L488's.  They are similar to the original Healey lights.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have never bought anything form that company.  They just showed up on a Google search.  I bought mine off of EBAY and they were much cheaper, but I don't see many listed on there now.  I think I paid less than $30 a pair.

If your car is a new build with no holes, mounting the Pontiac and Lucas lights will be no problem.  I your car had the original CR lights, you will need to make an adapter.

Here are some pics of the adapters I made.

And here is shot of the rear of the car to give you an idea of what they will look like.

My turn signals are actually Lucas L594's with the beehive style lens. The L488's have a flatter lens.
Hotrod
Hotrod

David V., Jimboquick, Jerry & Lisa Mills and stevie2_de like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down