Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Austin-Healey Replica Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classic Roadsters REplica Austin 3000 - Where are these parts from?

Go down

Classic Roadsters REplica Austin 3000 - Where are these parts from? Empty Classic Roadsters REplica Austin 3000 - Where are these parts from?

Post by larhead on Thu May 28, 2020 1:51 am

Hello, very new to your site. I bought a Austin Replica 3000 from a used car dealer.  He had very little knowledge about the car and the manufacturer plate is absent.  I believe the car to have been built by Classic Roadsters Fargo, ND.  It has a Ford V6 coupled to a 4 speed.  The engine block #74TM AA leads me to a mid 70's engine used in Mustang II & Capri's.  As I look to refurb this car am uncertain where to look for parts.  The rear shocks are numbered so found them.  The differential and rear brakes are a mystery to me. Rear drums stamped max dia. 7.329" and rear wheel cylinder marked 3/4" (13751). What are they from?
Front steering rack & pinion with disc front brakes - as I try to get new parts am at a loss.

Not sure if this where to start - but figured you guys & gals know these cars.  Thanks  Larhead

larhead

Back to top Go down

Classic Roadsters REplica Austin 3000 - Where are these parts from? Empty Re: Classic Roadsters REplica Austin 3000 - Where are these parts from?

Post by Hotrod on Thu May 28, 2020 5:21 am

Post some pictures.  Most used Mustang II parts in the suspension, but the MX version used Fox body Mustang rear suspension.  I think the Saxon version used some Chevette parts.  What you have will be easier to identify if we can see it.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Classic Roadsters REplica Austin 3000 - Where are these parts from? Empty Re: Classic Roadsters REplica Austin 3000 - Where are these parts from?

Post by larhead on Thu May 28, 2020 11:14 am

I am a techno idiot - tried but not sure how Larhead

larhead

Back to top Go down

Post by larhead on Thu May 28, 2020 11:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

larhead

Back to top Go down

Post by larhead on Thu May 28, 2020 11:19 am

larhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod on Thu May 28, 2020 2:22 pm

That appears to be Chevette front suspension.  Not sure about the rear.  You may have a Saxon instead of a Sebring.  Is this a US car or British?

EDIT - Yep, looks like Chevette rear suspension, too.

Last edited by Hotrod on Thu May 28, 2020 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by larhead on Thu May 28, 2020 2:31 pm

You have been great. I had no idea what I bought - just liked it. It appears to be a Saxon from info in Database. The rear looks like a Chevette also. The V6 is a 2.8L & 4 speed from Mustang II it appears. Not sure if originally US Thanks

larhead

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. on Thu May 28, 2020 5:33 pm

Definitely a Saxon. Looks to be in good shape and pretty well built, congrats on your purchase! Sort the mechanicals, stick a front emblem (you can buy them from VictoriaBritish Ltd.) and some Lucas 488 front turn signals (eBay or VictoriaBritish) on it and you'll have a really clean, fun car. Paint is nice (I'm a sucker for blue). Couldn't help but notice the wall flag, do you have a Sunbeam Tiger as well? Shocked
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by larhead on Thu May 28, 2020 5:51 pm

David - it's an illness. Yes 65 Tiger (also blue) at about 70%. Love these cars Larhead By the way great site - just found you

larhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Snunker on Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:28 pm

There were some of the Saxon versions built by Classic Roadsters and sold as "factory built" cars. I am aware of at least two in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. I would not be surprised if your car was not one of these. Just and FYI, there is a Chevette Owner's page on Facebook, seemed like decent folks. I used it as a reference when I tried to find a new sending unit. (no luck, fixed the one I had)
Snunker
Snunker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down