Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Door Handles

3 posters

Go down

Door Handles Empty Door Handles

Post by Tricky1 Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:25 pm

Greetings all. I am new to the forum. I am looking to replace a broken driver side door handle on my Sebring MX. Do you know what vehicle the originals in the kits came from?
Tricky1
Tricky1

Back to top Go down

Door Handles Empty Re: Door Handles

Post by David V. Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:24 pm

Welcome! They are 1980s-ish Chevrolet Chevette door handles. To my knowledge they can be purchased brand new from Summit racing, here is the link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:25 pm

Note: ^ that is just the passenger side one, they also sell the driver's side one separately.
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tricky1 Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:18 pm

Fantastic! Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction.
Tricky1
Tricky1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tricky1 Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:26 pm

Regarding the door handle(s) I bought. Has anyone replaced theirs? I took a quick peak before storing the car for winter and I assume you need to remove the whole window carrier assembly to access?
Any wisdom or pointers appreciated.
Thx
Tricky1
Tricky1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:47 pm

I had to remove the window assembly to change mine. There just wasn't enough clearance to get my hand (or any tools for that matter) into the cavity with the window in place. The hard part was getting the operating rod retaining clips reattached.

So far, I have replaced the driver side, but will eventually do the pass. side too.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Tricky1 Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:10 am

Same here. I bought for both sides and will tackle both of them in the spring. As you say, access is pretty limited in there. I am almost tempted to take the doors off the car to do this.
Rick
Tricky1
Tricky1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down