Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classic Roadsters VIN Creation System

3 posters

Go down

Classic Roadsters VIN Creation System Empty Classic Roadsters VIN Creation System

Post by fspencer1 Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:51 am

I ran across a document while researching my new to me Sebring 5000 that others might find useful. I have excluded the cover page but the document was a letter from CR to a customer that detailed the system that was employed by CR to create the VIN or Serial numbers for those vehicles that have one. With respect to position 10 (model year) the letters from B to Y correspond to the model years 1981 to 2000. Keep in mind that the letters I, O, Q, U or Z are not used in the VIN, It appears that CR may have began using the 17 digit scheme in 1980 with the use of the letter A as the example for position 10.

I was able to compare and verify my build using the system with my VIN.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
fspencer1
fspencer1

Hotrod and Jerry & Lisa Mills like this post

Back to top Go down

Classic Roadsters VIN Creation System Empty Re: Classic Roadsters VIN Creation System

Post by Hotrod Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:49 pm

It would be good if you could supply a scan of this to David V so that it could be included in the database section. Could come in handy in the future.

Good info. Thanks
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Classic Roadsters VIN Creation System Empty Re: Classic Roadsters VIN Creation System

Post by fspencer1 Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:52 am

Hotrod wrote:It would be good if you could supply a scan of this to David V so that it could be included in the database section.  Could come in handy in the future.

Good info.  Thanks

I have sent David V a message.

Thanks
fspencer1
fspencer1

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:39 am

Will look into it Smile Thanks guys!! This is great stuff!
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down