Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VIN on a 1990 Classic Roadster Sebring MX Kit

4 posters

Go down

VIN on a 1990 Classic Roadster Sebring MX Kit Empty VIN on a 1990 Classic Roadster Sebring MX Kit

Post by robert.frey51@outlook.com Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:00 pm

Can anyone tell me where the VIN is located on a 1990 Classic Roadster Sebring MX Kit car?

robert.frey51@outlook.com

Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

VIN on a 1990 Classic Roadster Sebring MX Kit Empty Re: VIN on a 1990 Classic Roadster Sebring MX Kit

Post by Panther Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:18 pm

Hi Robert,
I think that's going to be a different answser from each owner.
Mine is on the Firewall directly above the Classic Roadster Serial Number.
The Original Owner was in PA so that's the Vin Tag that's on it.

I've seen them on Cobra's Located on the bottom of the car frames.
Might have to get it up on a lift and checked out. Maybe a Cheap Oil Change and
have them find it for you ;-)

Take Care,
CK

Panther

Back to top Go down

VIN on a 1990 Classic Roadster Sebring MX Kit Empty Re: VIN on a 1990 Classic Roadster Sebring MX Kit

Post by Chrisj357 Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Can anyone tell me where the VIN is located on a 1990 Classic Roadster Sebring MX Kit car?

My 1992 Classic Roadster MX has the VIN in the door frame drivers side

Chrisj357

Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by robert.frey51@outlook.com Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:32 pm

Thanks to both of you for your responses. I spent around four hours lookin for the VIN with no luck.

From what I've learned, I have a valid VIN on the car's title just not one on the car. I spoke to the guy that built the car and he couldn't find it nor could he remember putting a VIN plate on the car once Nebraska generated a VIN for the car.

I plan to apply my own VIN plate with the valid VI number that is on the Nebraska title. Nebraska DMV confirmed to my the VIN and title are good. Guess I'll find out.

Thanks again.

rob

Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by robert.frey51@outlook.com Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:55 am

All,

First, thank you all for your inputs. I resolved this problem. Knowing I had a valid VIN assigned to the car in Nebraska I ordered a new VIN plate online and attached it under the hood on the driver side of the car close to the firewall. I took it to the local county-mounty, he confirmed it matched the Nebraska title, called Nebraska DOT to verbally confirm, signed the document and off I went. I went to my county tag office the next day and they processed the documents. I have a temp tag and am waiting on the actual tag to come in the mail.

Problem solved!!!

rob

Loren Tungesvick, Jerry & Lisa Mills and Panther like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AHSebring64 Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:02 pm

You handled your VIN tag issue perfectly. Especially if your Sebring was home-built the tag could have been anywhere or none. In my case, California requires two VIN tags and the state where my car was built only required one tag, so I bought a tag off Ebay and installed it myself and had no issue getting it licensed here.
AHSebring64
AHSebring64

Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by robert.frey51@outlook.com Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:00 pm

Thanks again for your input Panther.

Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down