Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chevette Window Install

2 posters

Go down

Chevette Window Install Empty Chevette Window Install

Post by Joltin Joe Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:45 pm

Saxon window install
I have the same Chevette regulator system most of us have in cars with roll-up windows. I've since disassembled both the driver and passenger side. The passenger's side glass came off the track. Whatever the PO used to hold the glass in place had hardened. While I had one door apart, I figured I'd fix the other side as well.

To my questions:
#1. Does anyone know the exact order to reassemble the whole thing? Clearly there's an order to reinstalling the regulator, tracks (there's two), the glass itself.
Specifically, can the regulator be fastened to the cutout piece BEFORE installing it all or not? I'm sure I can stumble through this, but if there's a correct way to do it, I'd prefer to go that route.
#2. I cleaned the metal track completely, and the glass slides into the track quite snugly right now. However, like I said, the PO applied some kind of sealant/glue initially (30+ years ago). So, do I need to do that again, and if so, what do you guys recommend?
Again, thanks for reading. Joe

Joltin Joe

Back to top Go down

Chevette Window Install Empty Re: Chevette Window Install

Post by Hotrod Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:56 pm

Have you downloaded the build manual from the tech section?

Chapter 7 in the one I have deals with window installation.

I can't help you much more than that. I changed one out on my car several years ago and I don't remember exactly how I did it.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Joltin Joe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Joltin Joe Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:31 pm

I'm doing that as we speak. There's actually two manuals posted. I'll download both. Again, my thanks. I'll let you know

Joltin Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down