Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exhaust rubber mount

4 posters

Go down

Exhaust rubber mount  Empty Exhaust rubber mount

Post by David Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:28 pm

Hi does anyone know what silencer rubber mounts they used on a Healey rep, 2800 Z motor, it's a square rubber block sandwiched between 2 metal plates, top one is cranked and has 2 holes in the bottom one has a thread that fixes to the silencer, both mine let go and ended up rubbing on the drive shaft
D

David

Jimboquick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Exhaust rubber mount  Empty Re: Exhaust rubber mount

Post by David V. Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:14 am

Hey David, just trying to piece it together. Is your Healey rep a Sebring or another manufacturer? Never heard of a 2800z, do you mean a 280z motor as in a Datsun 280z or Z28 chevrolet by any chance? If it's either of those the silencer mount is probably taken from that donor car, otherwise if it's a Sebring you might want to try looking at 1974 Mustang parts, Chevy Chevette parts or classic VW bug parts to see if one of their mounts looks like what you have.

Hope that helps some,

Sincerely,

David V. - AHR forum admin
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:06 am

Hi
Yes its a Sebring Datsun 280 Z motor and gearbox with a jag rear end ??

David

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:31 pm

That sounds like a spicy combo, would love to see some pictures! In that case my guess would be that the mounts are either from the Datsun 280z or are an aftermarket item (if by any chance do you have the builder's contact details he might be able to tell you where he got them). As far as I know all factory built Sebrings had V8s, so the mounts used on them would not have worked with the single exit exhaust found on the inline-6 engine of a 280z. Someone may have even welded up those mounts themselves. If you're able to post a picture of one of the mounts one of our members might be able to figure out where to find something similar.
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:26 pm

Hi David,
Never seen one with a 240-280 engine, but sounds like a really good choice. I agree with David V. and believe we would all like to see pictures of that. Saw one with a 3.4 DOHC Jag engine (not a good idea, but definitely unique) and have seen a couple with a Chevy 6.
The hanger you're looking for sounds like something simple. Bet you a virtual beer you can get one at your favorite FLAPS. {Friendly Local Auto Parts Store}

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

David

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:56 am

Thanks for replys, I've hopefully added a picture, BTW I'm based in the UK where the car was built

David

David V. likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:28 am

Looks like it might be a Mini exhaust mount.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I can't be sure since I have zero experience with Mini's. I just stumbled across it on a Google search.

If this car was built in the UK, it might actually be a Sebring International car. They are close to the US cars, but not exact copies and were built for different powertrains.
Hotrod
Hotrod

David V. likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:50 pm

So, David,
Are you a member of   [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ?
The pictures of member cars are not labeled.
I also get the news letter from Robert Cassidy
if your car is in any of the issues.

Jerry & Lisa Mills

David V. likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down