Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hood hinge gasket

2 posters

Go down

Hood hinge gasket Empty Hood hinge gasket

Post by todchadwick Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:29 am

Im getting heat in the car from the hood hinge gaskets. They look like cups in the firewall. Anyone know where to get these? I can’t find them on any drawings for the Healey’s.

todchadwick

Back to top Go down

Hood hinge gasket Empty Re: Hood hinge gasket

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:41 pm

Those are original Mustang II hood hinge seal cups and are not available. Later Classic Roadsters had those hinge recess holes totally glassed in. Those of us with the earlier cars are on our own. About 10 years ago i had the part number. Thinking i should get a spare set, i set a search on e-bay for a couple years. Nothing ever showed up. Was thinking maybe a headlight bucket could be fitted from the back, but have had no reason to persue it.
Be very interested in your solution now that we have moved to Arizona.

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by todchadwick Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:04 pm

I think I found them at Classicindusties.com part # 16764

todchadwick

Jerry & Lisa Mills likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:51 pm

That sure looks like it.
Description does say 1979-93, but i'd bet it's close enough to function. Please let us know if it works.
Thank you very much for that. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, i was wrong about later cars being closed.
Monrob22 has the firewall mold and it has open holes.
He said the one i saw was most likely done by a builder who couldn't get the seals.

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down