Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very Nice build on BAT

5 posters

Go down

Very Nice build on BAT Empty Very Nice build on BAT

Post by CSlump Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Interesting among his receipts, a grill surround for $100. Wouldn't that be nice to have available!!
CSlump
CSlump

Back to top Go down

Very Nice build on BAT Empty Re: Very Nice build on BAT

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:40 pm

High bid was $16k.
Reserve not met.
Kinda glad it didn't sell at that price.
Seems too low. Maybe wrong place to list it.
What do you-all think ?

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:30 pm

A few years ago that was about the going price for good looking car.  Lately, I've been seeing nice looking cars pop up on specialty dealer sites priced at $25 to $30 thousand.  I'm not sure what the real sale price was though. Still, it's nice to see that the dealers seem to think they can get somewhere around that number.

Unfortunately, the "kit car" thing follows these cars around. Build quality varies so much that each car has to be evaluated and priced individually.  

I will say that when I get mine finished, $16K wouldn't even be a starting bid unless I was in a very bad financial bind.
Hotrod
Hotrod

CSlump likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:06 pm

Agree with you on all those points.
While i don't expect to make back the $ i have in mine i do know that to build anything even close would far exceed the 16k bid on this one. Even a Factory 5 Cobra is $13k for a base kit and $20k for the complete kit. And that's about as cheap as they come.
With no miles on this one, i would have guessed 20 - 25k. But reality doesn't agree with me.  scratch

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:27 am

These cars should increase in value a little through the years, but they won't ever be where an original Healey is. Still, I have to agree with you on how much it would take to build something like this.

I know someone that built a Factory Five 33, which at the time was the same buy in price for the kit as the Cobra. Even though they look radically different, the 33 and the Cobra took pretty much the same money to finish. He had well over $40K inhis by the time it was done and painted.

If you could buy a new CR Sebring today, I would expect the kit to cost about the same price as the FF and finishing it would be similar money to build for a quality car.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:23 am

Yes, You're right, that's exactly my point. But if no one else is interested in these kind of cars we will be stuck at this price level.
Oh-well, i'm happy with mine.

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimboquick Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:45 am

We've owned and improved our "MX" since 2008 ... looking at the spread-sheet tells me that we'd be 'shipping way over $20,000 U.S" with our car if it sells @ $US 30,000. Therefore, NOT in a rush to sell a really fun ride.
JimboQuick

Jimboquick

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:53 pm

Man, I couldn't keep a spreadsheet with that kind of info.  My wife might find it!!!! Very Happy Shocked Laughing
Hotrod
Hotrod

CSlump likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimboquick Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:03 pm

My covers been blown a long time ago !!
JimboQuick

Jimboquick

Back to top Go down

Post by mirishone11 Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:10 pm

The CR 1962 AH Sebring I just purchased brought $26,400 at Barrett Jackson Palm Springs last year.

mirishone11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down