Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our build is finished

3 posters

Go down

Our build is finished Empty Our build is finished

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:43 pm

Hi Everyone,

Well after what seems forever, covid/pandemic threw a wrench in the build, my work got in the way with some travel, and the kids going to university. But we finally got our beloved Saxon MX build (frame #318MX) completed. What started out as a dream and boxes (oh so many boxes and plastic bags of parts), our journey has come to an end and we got it finished just in time for August and September local car shows - and we won best new entry at two of the shows!

Our build went in a bit of different direction. We wanted something that stood out and turned heads while still keeping the Sebring/Saxon look. We rebuilt our Ford Mustang 302 5.0 HO engine, with a few performance modifications, MSD racing ignition, McCleod Street Racing Clutch, hydraulic clutch, hurst short shift kit, QA1 coil over adjustable suspension throughout, changed up rear axle to 5 bolt pattern, adjustable Willwood brake pedals, adjustable upper control arms, no power steering, no AC compressor and lightened the car as much as we could, Edelbroch fuel rails, oversized 3 port injectors, larger throttle body (75mm I believe), BBK cold air return, new computer, custom radiator, custom wheels from US mags, Patriot side pipes and what we didn't have from the original boxes, we had to fabricate including the centre console which we made out of Walnut to match the original dash.

History of this car; It came into Canada back in 1990 in all original boxes and was then stored in a garage until 2016 when we bought the kit. The doner car was an 1989 Mustang LX with a 5.0 V8 302 in it that had been rear-ended and written off with only 25K Kmrs on the engine. Car is now complete with special thanks to three great shops. Speedy Performance Engines, ES Automotive and Vaughan Classic Restoration.

Appraisal done and insured! Registered as 1990 Classic Roadster Sebring MX....Now we need summer!......to break the car in and put some miles on her. See you on the roads and look for us at upcoming car shows.
Our car: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by MC247 on Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Our build is finished Empty Re: Our build is finished

Post by Egordon1475 Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:59 am

Congratulations on completing your. It looks like a lot of very nice workmanship.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.

Egordon1475

Jerry & Lisa Mills and Chrisj357 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimboquick Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:07 pm

My congratulations on a job "well done!"
JimboQuick, Halton. Hills, ON.

Jimboquick

Jerry & Lisa Mills and Panther like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:38 am

Very nice job. Congrats on your first show wins. Should be a a fun ride!

The US Mags wheels are the only ones that look like the original Torque Thrust's. Look good on the car.

Enjoy all your hard work. You have done something a lot of folks start, but never get to the end.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Jerry & Lisa Mills and Panther like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down