Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally finished one of my projects and back to the Healey parts again

4 posters

Go down

Finally finished one of my projects and back to the Healey parts again Empty Finally finished one of my projects and back to the Healey parts again

Post by pb Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:33 am

Finally finished one of my projects and now getting back to the Healey parts. I have a lot of requests to see what I can fabricate for the Healey and I will be working on items which people have requested. Does anyone have any extra parts which I can use to make molds of?

I am working on a new center console for the Healey which allows for the following:
- Climate control mounting options (Vintage Air)
- Dual DIN mount for radio
- Accessory switches (lights, wipers, push start, auxiliary items, etc..
- Center console with glove box / arm rest with key lock.

Does anyone have the template for the dash? I think mine is different. I am thinking about using the CNC router to make a new dash and work with various veneers. If I make any parts, I will template them so that I can make more for the rest of the group.

Simply love the car and look forward to the spring / summer months.

PB
pb
pb

http://www.hurdit.com

Back to top Go down

Finally finished one of my projects and back to the Healey parts again Empty Finally finished one of my projects and back to the Healey parts again

Post by Duehew Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:27 pm

I might be able to help. I had received a paper template from another member about a year ago. It was to go to a friend on ours but he as passed on. I tried to upload a picture of our interior showing the dash but am not allowed to do so even though it is 648x480. If you email me I can send you a picture.

Duehew
Duehew
Duehew

Back to top Go down

Finally finished one of my projects and back to the Healey parts again Empty Re: Finally finished one of my projects and back to the Healey parts again

Post by David V. Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:43 pm

Hey Duane, the problems with image upload would be if you are trying to add it to the gallery (Only I can add gallery pics)

But you can add it to a reply on a forum by clicking the host image button right on top of the reply box, four spaces to the left of the youtube icon. Once it is loaded it will display a bunch of hyperlinks. Copy the one that says "IMG code" and paste it into your message. It should work no problem. I once created another independent account just to test features like this and everything worked. I'll most likely eventually post a detailed tutorial on how to do this. Most people here aren't used to forums.
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Finally finished one of my projects and back to the Healey parts again Empty Re: Finally finished one of my projects and back to the Healey parts again

Post by Duehew Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]
Duehew
Duehew

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Smith Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:05 pm

I just pulled the oak dash from my Saxon to make something more like the later Sebring like Duehew shows above. I want to use solid walnut and try to find room for some air-conditioning louvers. If anyone wants a templet for the old pattern of the original 100 series, I will be happy to try and help.
I also just took all my chrome to the re-chrome shop today including the grille surround and windshield post. I had thought they were cast aluminum from previous posts, but they turned out to be pot metal. The re-chrome process is more expensive with the pot metal, unfortunately.

Jim Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by pb Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:49 am

Now have access to a vacuum forming machine. Spent last night until mid-night working on various molds. Looks like it will help with things like window finishers and other parts where a mold will help out greatly.
pb
pb

http://www.hurdit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:49 pm

That is awesome news! Very Happy
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down