Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacing the power windows

2 posters

Go down

Replacing the power windows Empty Replacing the power windows

Post by Pissant Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:25 pm

I have a Sebring 5000 which my father purhased back in 93 pre-assembed. This one seems to have been assembled with power windows. That being said the power windows have been a constant headache. The motors are old and rusty and have seized up severl times. I have managed to get them moving again a few times but the car sat for a few years after I joined the military and I believe the window motors have finally moved past salvageable. I want to find a roll up window regulator which will fit in the door of the 5000, preferably with a central track as opposed to an arm as I believe I will be able to more easily replace the central track electric acctuators I currently have. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what model of car I should get window actuators from? I got some generic Nissan ones but they were taller than the doors. I think the electric ones have 14" tracks.
Pissant
Pissant

Back to top Go down

Replacing the power windows Empty Re: Replacing the power windows

Post by Snunker Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:19 am

My Sebring used Volkswagen Beetle inside and outside handles, latches and window regulators. Not sure what the later cars used.
Snunker
Snunker

Back to top Go down