Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interior Question

3 posters

Go down

Interior Question Empty Interior Question

Post by Panther Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:00 pm

So I have a Newbie Question for the Forum.  Is there any specific interior parts that
was from another make /model car ??? and if so are there specific years ???
I've been told that some of the Sebrings used Chevette parts for
things like the steering column and I think the Door Locks and Handles.  

I'd be very curious if there's any other parts that were from or can be used in redoing an
interior, or used to modify an interior.

Thanks and Take Care,
Craig

Panther

Back to top Go down

Interior Question Empty Re: Interior Question

Post by Hotrod Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:52 pm

Go to the Database section of this forum.  There are links to 2 different manuals.  One is listed as an owners manual, but I think both are build manuals.  One is nicer than the other, but get both for your reference. Here's a link to the page:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

At least one manual has a list of parts that are needed to finish the kit.  Might come in handy to have that info.

Most of the columns I have seen are GM type columns.  Some had Ford columns and there were a few that had VW Beetle columns.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:16 pm

Hotrod wrote:Go to the Database section of this forum.  There are links to 2 different manuals.  One is listed as an owners manual, but I think both are build manuals.  One is nicer than the other, but get both for your reference. Here's a link to the page:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

At least one manual has a list of parts that are needed to finish the kit.  Might come in handy to have that info.

Most of the columns I have seen are GM type columns.  Some had Ford columns and there were a few that had VW Beetle columns.

Thanks Mike I really appreciate it, I am supposed to be getting a manual with the Car
but thought I'd asked the Group if anyone had found anything, or was able to "adapt" anything
and liked the results.

Take Care,
Craig

Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:59 pm

"any other parts that were from or can be used in redoing an interior, or used to modify an interior."

Quick answer is no. The few interior donor parts are the steering column, emergency brake, window and door handles. Everything else was made by Classic Roadsters. To expand on Hotrods post, for the MX it's either a Chevette column (adjustable) or MII column.
The door and window stuff is from the front doors of a 4 door Chevette.
The seats seem to be the most popular thing to change out. The fiberglass P.O.S. seats they came with are not very comfortable and the backs are not adjustable.

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:12 pm

Jerry & Lisa Mills wrote:"any other parts that were from or can be used in redoing an interior, or used to modify an interior."

Quick answer is no. The few interior donor parts are the steering column, emergency brake, window and door handles. Everything else was made by Classic Roadsters. To expand on Hotrods post, for the MX it's either a Chevette column (adjustable) or MII column.
The door and window stuff is from the front doors of a 4 door Chevette.
The seats seem to be the most popular thing to change out. The fiberglass P.O.S. seats they came with are not very comfortable and the backs are not adjustable.

Hi Jerry,
Thanks very much, I thought I'd ask just in case there might be something to look into.
Like carpets and other items. I figured when Mike said that it was the way it was going to be.

This one is in very very good shape and lovingly taken care of, as in most things, I kind of
want to make it my own so to say. I probably need to just wait till I've had it for a while
and then See what I really do want or would change.

Thanks, Take Care, Be Safe,
Craig

Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down