Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mustang II conversion to wire wheel hubs

2 posters

Go down

Mustang II conversion to wire wheel hubs Empty Mustang II conversion to wire wheel hubs

Post by Joltin Joe Mon May 02, 2022 4:06 pm

Has anyone converted their steel disc wheels to real wire wheel hubs? My own Saxon came with "sorta" wire wheels. Which may look like the real thing at 60 mph (sorta).

On a BJ8, swapping the parts out is fairly straightforward, the rear wheels a snap. The front is a bit more involved, but very doable.

Still, since I've never disassembled a Mustang II suspension before, the front disc brakes, swivel axle, etc, etc, detailed explanations will be much appreciated.

Mostly I need to know what parts I'll need, nomenclature, and where to buy them.

As always, thank you, my friends,
Joe

Joltin Joe

Back to top Go down

Mustang II conversion to wire wheel hubs Empty Re: Mustang II conversion to wire wheel hubs

Post by ArthurBNH Tue May 03, 2022 9:23 am

Joe I have been looking at this myself have considered using the 4 bolt adapters that are widely available,  My only hold back is I haven't come across a set of rims I like enough to replace my "pseudo" wire wheels yet.  

Here is an example of the adapters.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ArthurBNH
ArthurBNH

Back to top Go down