Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saxon V6 VS Sebring SBC MX

2 posters

Go down

Saxon V6 VS Sebring SBC MX Empty Saxon V6 VS Sebring SBC MX

Post by ArthurBNH Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:15 pm

Thank everyone for all your help in my quest,

I am in discussions with my wife (of 50 years) about our probably be our last "sports" car.  She loves to drive as much as me; she drives a Mini S turbo by choice.   So far I have found a couple pf candidates and we are torn between a very well done Saxon and an MX.  We both share an aesthetic preference for the lines of the Saxon but I am very pulled to the "hotrod" qualities of the MX.

Supply of either is limited but so far I have found 1 of each that interests me.   The MX has a SBC 350 5 speed and the Saxon has a carbureted  V6 4 speed with some performance upgrades.

I have never driven a Saxon V6.  Can anyone who has please pass on your opinions of the differences?   I know that the V6 will not perform like a SBC but how far off is it if  you know?

Drowning in research here LOL

Arthur

Last edited by ArthurBNH on Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:27 am; edited 5 times in total
ArthurBNH
ArthurBNH

Back to top Go down

Saxon V6 VS Sebring SBC MX Empty Re: Saxon V6 VS Sebring SBC MX

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:59 am

It's all kinda subjective, but i'll chime in and give an opinion.
I've owned 2 Alpines, a '67 289 Tiger, '69 XKE automatic, (yeah, i know but it was cheap) MGC (6 cyld) Spitfire and TR3.
NONE hold a candle to our Sebring. We've been driving it for almost 20 years. You might think the Tiger would, but it was not even close.
With 51/49 weight distribution and better brakes, it's does pretty well. Nothing like a modern car by any means, but still, lots of fun with its wide track. The MX is even better with its 4-link rear suspension.
The Saxon could well be a pleasure, i just don't know.
Yes, lighter cars can be fun on curvy roads and are normally easier to toss around, but once you get use to the torque of a V8, you won't go back.

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Ramjam72, ArthurBNH and jepoppy1 like this post

Back to top Go down