Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twin Turbo Sebring on EBAY

Go down

Twin Turbo Sebring on EBAY Empty Twin Turbo Sebring on EBAY

Post by Hotrod Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:31 pm

Not what I would want, but if it's tuned right, it should be very fast.  Looks good in the pictures, anyway.  Not a fan of the grill treatment. Price is probably too high. If it goes for that, then there is a stronger market for these cars than I thought.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hotrod
Hotrod

Jimboquick and Jerry & Lisa Mills like this post

Back to top Go down

Twin Turbo Sebring on EBAY Empty Re: Twin Turbo Sebring on EBAY

Post by David V. Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:40 pm

I remember seeing this car for sale by the original owner when it was a fresh build (a long time ago, way before starting the forum). Had no turbos back then, but the build quality was second-to-none. Asking price was crazy back then as well, something to the order of 55K. I've since seen it relisted by different sellers probably 3 or 4 times through the years. Weird that the listing has zero information on the mechanicals. Some twisted part of me really wants to know what a turbo Sebring could do, though turbo noises on a classic aren't my cup of tea.
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Jimboquick and Jerry & Lisa Mills like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimboquick Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:03 pm

My speculation is that such a power-plant and transmission combination in a 2,450# car would produce great volumes of tire-smoke & minimal 'hook-up' after each gear change ...
Happy Holidays to All !!
JimboQuick

Jimboquick

Jerry & Lisa Mills likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Manx69 Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:44 pm

I think the price is right on. To build one with this drive train, wire wheels, A/C, would cost more than the asking price and, at that mileage, it should be well sorted.
Not really finished to my taste (carbon fiber vinyl warp) but as I progress with my build, this looks cheap and easy. I’d like more details on the build; suspension phots, etc.

Manx69

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down