Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for side windows. Will Chevette side windows fit?

2 posters

Go down

Looking for side windows. Will Chevette side windows fit? Empty Looking for side windows. Will Chevette side windows fit?

Post by Ramjam72 Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:07 pm

It seems that I read somewhere that the Sebring used the windows from a Chevette. Can anyone confirm that? I would like to install side windows in my Sebring. Has anyone here tried this? Any advice or suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Last edited by Ramjam72 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ramjam72
Ramjam72

Back to top Go down

Looking for side windows. Will Chevette side windows fit? Empty Re: Looking for side windows. Will Chevette side windows fit?

Post by David V. Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:36 pm

I'm grasping at straws here, but I can tell you that the assembly manual doesn't list the glass as coming from any specific donor vehicle. However, it does mention that the entire window regulator mechanism is from a VW beetle, so does that mean the glass is transferrable...who knows? In my experience, there are also many automotive glass shops that could cut out flat panes for you relatively cheaply. Finding chevettes in junk-yards is becoming difficult.
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Looking for side windows. Will Chevette side windows fit? Empty Re: Looking for side windows. Will Chevette side windows fit?

Post by Ramjam72 Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:21 pm

Thanks David. That gives me a good lead.
Ramjam72
Ramjam72

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down