Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fender vents idea

+5
tyoutsey
rmorgansr
rossakin
David V.
351 healey
9 posters

Go down

fender vents idea Empty fender vents idea

Post by 351 healey Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:03 am

i may go with late model caddy escalade fender vents...they are functional and chrome...comments?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

351 healey

Back to top Go down

fender vents idea Empty Re: fender vents idea

Post by David V. Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:26 am

looks pretty decent, but we can't see the whole vent because of the picture size, might wanna try editing your post and re-uploading the image resized to 800px.

Cheers

David
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 351 healey Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

351 healey

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:58 am

Looks good! Similar style to what I have except mine are home made and patterned after a DB4 side vent (see my gallery pic). If you're going for originality though you might wanna try getting something like this, which was used on original healey rally cars. Your choice, either way it should look great!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 351 healey Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:48 pm

I actually bought these from england,but they are too big for Sebring cars[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

351 healey

Back to top Go down

Post by rossakin Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:10 pm

Has anyone considered the Factory 5 side louvers? They list for $75 per set and look good.

rossakin

Back to top Go down

Post by rmorgansr Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:24 am

Finish Line has theirs on sale, 50% off, for $42.50, aluminum.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

rmorgansr

Back to top Go down

Post by tyoutsey Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:36 pm

I am curious where to purchase and price of the side vents that "351 Healy" shows in this thread or if they are for sale? I believe I can fit them on my Saxon Model. Thanks, tim

tyoutsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Coosawjack Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:11 am

The Cobra vents mount inside and require a "finished" edge on the outside so I'd expect you'd want something with a flange to cover cut cutout edge??

I think Sebring International sells the vents "351 healey" has!!
Coosawjack
Coosawjack

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Yannone Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:23 pm

I too purchased the original style vents from AH Spares in England only to find out they are too large to fit between the wheel well and firewall. If anyone finds a nice vent that has a trim flange on the outside let me know, the car is in the process of being painted now so they will have to be added after paint.
Joe Yannone
Joe Yannone

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerjulian Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:45 pm

YouTube shows the last assembled Sebring with chromed "works rally type louvers" that are stunning and fit our Sebrings as follows...however the purchaser had told me they were applied to earlier Volvo commercial diesel trucks as far as he could investigate.You'll see my question and his reply...would be nice to source as many as we can for the community.
rogerjulian
rogerjulian

Back to top Go down

fender vents idea Empty SIDE VENTS

Post by softtale@aol.com Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:26 am

Take a look at e- bay. Search in boat parts for OVAL VENT BLOWER COVER W/SCREEN (SSBC90310) . They fit, easy to mount, have an outside flange and I think they would look good. I bought a set but haven't mounted them yet. Jim OB

softtale@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerjulian Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:39 am

Thanks so much Jim...the mounting looks incredibly easy, however,might be a good idea also to position them at a point where if you're not happy with the look, at least the vent cut-out can be modified to accommodate a triangular vent instead...Would be up to you of course. Would love to see it done mate...so far the best and original functional look I've seen especially for the price. So I'm ordering a couple just in case mate. Cheers and please keep me informed to how you are making out...I'll be at the ready with mine.
rogerjulian
rogerjulian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down