Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's all good

2 posters

Go down

It's all good Empty It's all good

Post by DrJ Mon May 25, 2015 12:09 pm

As you can imagine I have been thinking about this a bit since yesterday. Why could I dry shift it into a couple of gears back in February and now I can't even grind metal, what changed. Well it just occurred to me that because the T5 was two inches longer than the Muncie and consequently the shifter location was further aft I had to open the top of the transmission tunnel. To temporally cover the big hole, I fabed up an aluminum plate with a hole for the stick, riveted a cheep boot onto that and screwed it down. Uhh dun made da hole to small. Pulled it off, fired it up and down the road it ran, all five gears smooth and happy. Much improved over the Muncie which had to high a 1st and reverse, used to shake and shimmy. Now it's all good. New clutch, slave, master and pedal location spot on, even room for a dead pedal. Too soon to comment on the rear drum upgrades. More to come but for a novice like me, it is a relief.

DrJ

Back to top Go down

It's all good Empty Re: It's all good

Post by Hotrod Mon May 25, 2015 10:55 pm

Glad to hear you got it sorted.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down