Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chrome parts

3 posters

Go down

Chrome parts Empty Chrome parts

Post by mikegreencode Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:42 am

Looking for a lead on where to find all of the chrome parts. Things like the trunk latch and hinges, headlight and taillight rings, and if there is a specific year model and source for the Chevette doir handles. Also the windshield “surround”. Any help would be appreciated.

mikegreencode

Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

Chrome parts Empty Re: Chrome parts

Post by AHSebring64 Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:55 pm

The trunk latch and hinges are the same as genuine Austin Healy and you can get them at Moss Motors. Most of the other chrome was Classic Roadster specific or donor car and hard to find now. If you have the parts but they are just in bad shape then look into getting them replated or find a shop that can do the new spray-chrome process.
AHSebring64
AHSebring64

sky25t, Jerry & Lisa Mills and Panther like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:42 am

The Chevette door handles are available in the "Help" section of any decent auto parts store.  I believe it's a division of Dorman and carried just about everywhere.

My original headlight buckets were marked HL-1000-W.  That light assembly was used on a lot of heavy trucks during the time the Sebrings were made.  It also was used on Harley Electra-Glides from about 65 well into the 80's or 90's.  I know it looks exactly like the headlight that was on my 70 Harley. That might be a source for replacement trim rings
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down