Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1962 Austin Healey Sebring Custom Show Car $80K

+2
Chrisj357
Panther
6 posters

Go down

1962 Austin Healey Sebring Custom Show Car  $80K Empty 1962 Austin Healey Sebring Custom Show Car $80K

Post by Panther Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:44 pm

Hi,

A friend told me about seeing this on Ebay checked it out, very nicely done. A little
out of my Budget ;-)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pics
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Take Care,

Craig

Panther

Back to top Go down

1962 Austin Healey Sebring Custom Show Car  $80K Empty Re: 1962 Austin Healey Sebring Custom Show Car $80K

Post by Chrisj357 Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:52 pm

Nice!  Out of my budget by a lot too. I was happy to see where the grill badge was placed. I’d like to have a hood like that with a scoop/vent.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Makes me think I chose the proper spot

Chrisj357

Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

1962 Austin Healey Sebring Custom Show Car  $80K Empty Re: 1962 Austin Healey Sebring Custom Show Car $80K

Post by David V. Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:56 pm

Oof, that's an ambitious asking price. Lovely paint but you wouldn't catch me spending that much even if I had the disposable income. Good luck with the sale all the same.
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Jerry & Lisa Mills and Panther like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:19 pm

Wow! Maybe I need to sell mine!

Scoop hoods are are available from Robert at Sebring Parts. He advertises on the forum.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:35 pm

A lot of money and effort went into that build, but it is the type of build where you'll never see a pay back.
$85k does seem optimistic.

Two things caught my attention.
With all that money under the hood, I can't understand why they would us a lower radiator flex hose....?

Can anyone tell me what this means ?
"integrating the front bumper into the body"
Since the rear bumper is there, that appears a little weird - IMHO.

All in all, a very nice-looking car. 

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Hotrod and Panther like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AHSebring64 Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:34 pm

I gotta say, that looks like one of the nicest Sebring MXs that Ive seen and I hope he gets what he's asking! They probably won't get close to that price, though, if they were more accurate in their description, since it's a fiberglass replica of an Austin Healey. There's definitely no "steel" in that body and no part of it was made in England. Also, I'd say that they "shaved" the front bumper, they didn't integrate it since the front of the car is smooth with no bumper shape at all. The builder probably figured that with those brakes there was a bigger chance of getting rear-ended than rear-ending someone himself, so didn't need a front bumper.
AHSebring64
AHSebring64

Jimboquick and Jerry & Lisa Mills like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down