Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Power brake booster

3 posters

Go down

Power brake booster Empty Power brake booster

Post by richferrante Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:39 pm

Hi everyone,
I have a call built partially by Classic Roadsters and by the original owner. It currently has disc brakes in front, and drum in the back. It has a dual master cylinder and I am looking to add a power brake booster. There appear to be two bolt heads sticking out from the firewall where a large booster might go. See attached marked in blue. The other bolt, not seen, is approximately 3 inches to the right. I need to a booster that will fit. Does the power booster stick out when attached or does it fit flush with the firewall. Do I need to stick with the smallest booster (around 7 inches) to make it fit? Any help on what will fit would be greatly appreciated. I have about 10 inches in length to work with. It's the diameter that concerns me.
Also included a pic of the car. I got it in November so I haven't been able to drive it much. Just beginning to fix things that need repair.

I hope the pictures attached. I can't see them in the "preview".

Thanks,
Rich

richferrante

Back to top Go down

Power brake booster Empty Re: Power brake booster

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:33 pm

Hi Rich,
Welcome.
Here's a thread that's a good start.
The Sebrings used the Mustang II V8 booster and pedal assembly. Believe the MX used the Fox body parts. Maybe someone can chime in and confirm.
Do you have an assembly manual ?
If not. there's one here on the main menu under "Database"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by richferrante Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:38 am

Thank you!! I will take a look at this. Based on what I see here, I may also contact CJ Pony Parts to see what they recommend.

richferrante

Jimboquick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:30 pm

Rich,
I have a Classic Roader Sebring MX.. A few months ago I did the conversion.. Put Wildwood Discs on front and Booster and new master.. Wasn't to bad. Adapting pedal and brake light switch a little tricky. I bought the smallest booster I could find. I think from Smmit ..Ill try to find receipts.

Steve

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Steve
Steve

Jerry & Lisa Mills likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:40 pm

Here ya go... I also used steel braided lines for connections to Discs. Made it easier.

Wilwood Forged Dynalite Pro Series Front Disc Brake Kits 140-11017-DR
Part Number: WIL-140-11017-DR

$996.18

Right Stuff Detailing Master Cylinder and Booster Assemblies G753705
$171.81

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Mounting Brackets
Steve
Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by richferrante Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:57 am

Thanks Steve!!!! I will take a look. The clutch cable is located in such a place that it limits the size of the booster width I can install. I have about 6-7 inches in width and a little over 10 inches in length. I don't see any length specs on the Summit site. I will need to look at some other sites for specs. Appreciate the information!!!!!

richferrante

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down