Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Convertible top MX question

2 posters

Go down

Convertible top MX question Empty Convertible top MX question

Post by Stevez Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:23 pm

I have an MX that I’m building. The kit was made in 1990. The interior, boot cover and top are burgundy. However, I’m thinking I’ll paint the car Healey Ice Metallic Blue. Thus, a decision on the aforementioned burgundy items. If I do paint the car I think black would look better for the interior, top and cover. I hate to purchase a new top, but the question is, are there black replacement tops?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Stevez

Back to top Go down

Convertible top MX question Empty Re: Convertible top MX question

Post by Hotrod Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:28 am

I lucked up and found an unfitted top on the old Yahoo Sebring site.  Unless you find someone parting out an unfinished kit, there are no new interior or top parts available, AFAIK.

You will have to have one made.  If you live in an area close to where a lot of boats are, then you can probably find someone that makes boat tops.  You may have to sacrifice the top you have now so that the top maker will have a pattern.  They may have to literally take your top apart to make a new one.

A automotive upholsterer may be able to make one also.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevez Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:31 am

Thank you. Maybe I’ll luck up on an unused black top. Then again, perhaps burgundy might be ok in the event the top is up?? I doubt the top can be reliably dyed/painted. Maybe only redo the interior and the convertible top cover in black…

BTW The burgundy top and it’s cover are unfitted and in great shape.

I appreciate the thoughts, suggestions, recommendations…thank you.

Stevez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down