Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What switch is that?

3 posters

Go down

What switch is that? Empty What switch is that?

Post by stevie2_de Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:49 am

hi guys, today i removed the carpet on the driver's side. can someone tell me what kind of switch that is? thanks[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
stevie2_de
stevie2_de

Back to top Go down

What switch is that? Empty Re: What switch is that?

Post by David V. Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:53 pm

Hey Stevie, that's definitely not something standard, and would have been added by the previous owner. I'm assuming it's the foot switch for high beams and low beams on your headlights similar to many American cars from the 1950s and earlier. The location is strange though, does not seem to be easy to press with your foot.

Hope that helps,

David.
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Jimboquick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:58 am

Hey Stevie,
Yes, that's the highbeam switch for sure.
It's a Delco D803.
Used on just about every American car and pick-up for decades.  Seen them in '40s cars and into the '90s.
Sold hundreds of them when i was in the parts business and still remember the number. There's a few variations of mounting and pig tails, but D803 was the industry standard. Got to agree with Dave on the mounting. Mine is on a "L" bracket above and to the left of yours. Works great. Just used it less than a hour ago coming home from a car show.

Edit: Ooops.... Forgot to mention that's a Delco part number.

Last edited by Jerry & Lisa Mills on Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by stevie2_de Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:53 am

yes cool, thank you. 🤗
then I already know what that could be when I overhaul the electrics.

Wish you all a great Sunday😎
stevie2_de
stevie2_de

David V. and Jimboquick like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down