Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

park turn signal lights

+4
Tinkerer 1967
Snunker
David V.
McQ
8 posters

Go down

park turn signal lights Empty park turn signal lights

Post by McQ Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:20 pm

all

I have a Sebring that is in need of new front park/turn light assemblies.  I pulled them off and the bulbs and sockets were totally disintegrated from Seattle rain.  does anyone know of a direct replacement?  I see Victoria British has a Lucas that is pretty close.
I also plan to do the 51 Pontiac light change in the rears.  

thanks
McQ

McQ

Back to top Go down

park turn signal lights Empty Re: park turn signal lights

Post by David V. Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:31 pm

If it were me, and I had to replace them anyways I'd stick the original Healey part on there (from the Mk1 3000), is a little smaller, a little rounder, and a little cleaner. Will also match better with the rear Lucas 488s if you decide to do those along with your 51 Pontiac conversion. Never seen the ones we have currently on anything else.
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by McQ Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:12 pm

David thanks for the input. I did find out the ones on my car were also used on some Shasta camper trailers (Yankee lights). some used are on ebay but I will go with the new lucas.

thanks

McQ

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:23 pm

No, thank you! I'll be sure to pass on the Shasta camper tip to anyone who runs into the same problem. Please post some pictures once you're done! Very Happy
David V.
David V.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McQ Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:37 pm

Will Do. I just ordered the Pontiac lights, and front rear Lucas lights from Moss. I also am buffing and polishing gel coat so the car is starting to look a little nicer.
cheers

McQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Snunker Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:35 pm

I switched my front and rear turn signal lights over to original Lucas parts. Very happy with the result.
Snunker
Snunker

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerer 1967 Sat May 16, 2020 11:09 am

The front and turn and brake lights all appear to be trailer lights. They don't look too bad, but I may look for something a little more authentic. I thought about a few options such as a 65 Impala light which incorporates a reverse light.

Tinkerer 1967

Back to top Go down

Post by Snunker Sat May 16, 2020 2:02 pm

A few years ago I actually replaced my original lights supplied with the kit with authentic Austin-Healey front and rear turn/park units. I had to keep the large red rear lights of course as that is what the body is molded to. The fronts were a little bit larger than the originals but they look good.
Snunker
Snunker

Back to top Go down

Post by Duehew Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:54 pm

When replacing the front parking lights with the L594s is there a special connector for the rear of the light assy or can the Sebring connector be used?? I do not have the light assys yet and am just wondering before I order. Thanks.
Duehew
Duehew

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:40 pm

It's been years, but if I recall there are just wires sticking out of the back of the light that I crimped bullet connectors on to.
David V.
David V.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:49 pm

David V. wrote:It's been years, but if I recall there are just wires sticking out of the back of the light that I crimped bullet connectors on to.

Yep, the ones I bought just had wires, no connectors. The connectors on my stock Sebring harness were flat trailer connectors. They seemed to work fine and they are more or less water proof. Well, water resistant anyhow.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Duehew Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:05 pm

Thanks for the replys, I will order them.
Duehew
Duehew

Back to top Go down

park turn signal lights Empty question about lights?

Post by vulture14 Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:47 pm

Are the large lights "rear lights" only and the small ones turn signal/brake lights? It seems that is what I have on mine? I would prefer the small ones act as turns only and the big ones act as running lights and brake lights...Anyone else have this issue? Got a fix?
vulture14
vulture14

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:11 pm

Sounds like your wiring isn't done right vulture. Lower big red ones are supposed to be rear running lights/brake lights, and the small upper yellow ones are supposed to be turn signals/hazards only.
David V.
David V.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vulture14 Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:52 am

I figured as much...now I need to do some wire tracing to get them correct. Thanks for the reply
vulture14
vulture14

Back to top Go down

Post by softtale@aol.com Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:53 pm

On eBay, listed as YANKEE TRUCK LIGHT AMBER are parking/ turn signal lights that were exactly like the ones on my Sebring from the factory. They are $17.77 a pair- free shipping. The seller is ltw123 if U need to look it up that way. They look good and the price is right. Hope this helps, Jim OB

softtale@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down