Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windshield

3 posters

Go down

Windshield Empty Windshield

Post by DrJ Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:21 am

I would think that any windshield shop could provide the rubber channel that fits the frame.  You could check out a place such as Modusadvancedstore.com and click on the Extrusions tab. They have a wide assortment of rubber channel products.  The lower windshield rail would be harder assuming no one has one around to sell.  Having a section of aluminum channel fashioned to meet the cowl would be something I would assume a metal shop could make.  Finding an extrusion with a groove to accept the rubber weather strip would take some internet searching.  If nothing could be found I would work on using a "T" shaped rubber seal and possibly riveting the stem of the "T" to the bottom of a shaped piece of channel so as the top of the "T" extends down to the cowl and up over part of the channel face.

DrJ

Back to top Go down

Windshield Empty Photos & Dimensions of Windshield Frame Needed

Post by gkerbow Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:10 pm

I have an unfinished kit that is missing the windshield frame. Can anyone post photos of the frame assembly either assembled and before mounting or unassembled? I would also like some dimensions as I will likely have to fabricate a frame.

Thanks

gkerbow

Back to top Go down

Windshield Empty Re: Windshield

Post by Stever Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:38 pm

Did anyone send you photos of the windshield frame?  I am rebuilding my car and the windshield is out of the car. Let me know if you still want photos. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Stever
Stever

Back to top Go down

Windshield Empty Re: Windshield

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down