Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Correct Ford 302 Oil Pan

Go down

Correct Ford 302 Oil Pan Empty Correct Ford 302 Oil Pan

Post by Jeff Richards Mon May 09, 2016 12:44 pm

Hi all,

My oil pan is damaged and I am trying to replace it. Most front sump oil pans currently available have a sump almost 8 inches deep. The factory type pan on my engine has a sump that is only about 7 1/4 inches deep. I'd like to find the same pan to maintain as much ground clearance as possible. Does anyone know the donor vehicle or Ford part number for the pan like I have with a more shallow sump?

Thanks,
Jeff Richards
Jeff Richards

Back to top Go down

Correct Ford 302 Oil Pan Empty Re: Correct Ford 302 Oil Pan

Post by Jeff Richards Tue May 10, 2016 5:19 pm

Meant to ask if anyone has the build manual section for installing the Ford 302 in the kits. This may have a reference to what oil pan Classic Roadsters recommended.
Jeff Richards
Jeff Richards

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Richards Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:25 pm

I finally figured out what oil pan is on my 302. It is from a mid 1970s F100 truck with 302. It's the perfect oil pan for the 302 in a Sebring because the sump is more shallow and longer than other 302 pans providing more ground clearance and yet holds 6 qts of oil. Also, the drain plug faces to the rear on the back of the sump rather than being the lowest point on the bottom of the sump.

Last edited by Jeff Richards on Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Jeff Richards
Jeff Richards

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down