Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need grill surround for Sebring 5000

3 posters

Go down

Need grill surround for Sebring 5000 Empty Need grill surround for Sebring 5000

Post by gj Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:19 am

Hi, This is a repeat message from some ago. I am looking to purchase a grill surround for a 1990 Sebring 5000 manufactured by Classic Roadsters. I would prefer a metal one, but would accept a plastic one. Also, does anyone know if a surround from a regular Austin Healey 3000 would fit?

Thanks,
Gordon

gj

Back to top Go down

Need grill surround for Sebring 5000 Empty Re: Need grill surround for Sebring 5000

Post by David V. Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:22 pm

regular 3000 surrounds would not fit properly as far as I know. There were never any metal surrounds made by classic roadsters, they are all plastic/fiberglass. Sebring International in the UK makes metal surrounds, but they are about 3/4 of an inch too short in height and will therefore leave a gap at the bottom (depends if you are willing to live with that or re-work the body before paint or not). I do believe one of our members was working on a mold of the grill surrounds, and someone else was open to having one CNC'd out of billet aluminum, but those might be a long way off.

I would also recommend posting in the old yahoo group, some people have not switched over to this site yet and might have a surround lying around.
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Need grill surround for Sebring 5000 Empty Surround

Post by DrJ Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:00 am

I agree with David. Last year I purchased a metal surround from one of our members and it is slightly smaller that the CR plastic version. The glass work required to close in the gap would not be all that difficult, take a look at the West Marine web site, they have good tutorials for the unindoctrinated. Once I install mine the original will be available but that will not be until next year'ish for what it is worth.

DrJ

Back to top Go down

Need grill surround for Sebring 5000 Empty Re: Need grill surround for Sebring 5000

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down