Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

New Healey Replica Manufacturer

Go down

New Healey Replica Manufacturer

Post by Monrob22 on Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:19 pm

Hello everyone,
I am trying to judge interest people may have for a new Healey Replica.
This one is based on the stock measurements of the original Healey but will have fender flares and a chassis for a v-8 similar to the HMC version. Aftermarket Healey parts will fit and can be found at many suppliers. Standard fiberglass body in one piece including cockpit tub. So before I commit $$$ I thought a little market research is in order to see if it will be profitable enough.
I realize the parts for our cars are almost nonexistent and the people that have the tooling do not seem interested in producing new parts.
I imagine that is for economical reasons. Any input or opinions offered will be appreciated. I think this would be a fun venture, but I am sure there are many factors I have missed or not yet considered.

Thank you all

Monrob22
Monrob22
Monrob22

http://Monarchcustomcabinetry.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New Healey Replica Manufacturer

Post by Hotrod on Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:24 pm

Sounds interesting and would be a fun car to build. Unfortunately, for me at least, retirement will soon be on me. The Sebring I'm redoing now will most likely be the last full build I'll be able to do financially.

I hope it goes well for you if you decide to give it a go.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:42 pm

Don't know nearly enough to give advice, but it sounds good and could pay off big time. The Healey kits were the number two seller nation wide in the '80s and '90s. Second only to the 100 or so different Cobra kits. People really like seeing these.
Don't know if that translates to sales among the aging people that love them and can afford one.
I'd be interested in what your research turns up.

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down