Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suspension issues

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Suspension issues - Page 2 Empty Re: Suspension issues

Post by Jimboquick Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:49 pm

Very interesting ... Driving along the old #2 would generate a lot more pleasure than getting 'sand-blasted' on the 401 !!
Jimbo

Jimboquick

Back to top Go down

Post by DrJ Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:50 am

We should absolutely plan a get together. Jim, you had mentioned seal, U-joint issues. Now that the T5 is finally installed in mine I need to shorten my driveshaft (T5 is 2-3 inches longer than the Munice). A natural extension of this is to consider pinion angles. Hurst-drivelines.com has a pretty good tech article about how to set that properly. The article does mention that to steep or shallow an angle will cause U-joint and seal failure. Perhaps something in that article could be of benefit with yours.

Paul

DrJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimboquick Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:43 am

Good morning, All !
Thank you for the e-mail reference, I'll check it out. we've owned our MX since March '06 have put approx. 6,000 miles on it ... now on my 4th rear u-joint ass'y ... been lucky that I find 'em before I break 'em, I guess !!
Jimbo

Jimboquick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2