Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Correct ford 302 motor mount

5 posters

Go down

Correct ford 302 motor mount Empty Correct ford 302 motor mount

Post by Bvaxer Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I have a Sebring with a 302 and the mount is huge. The numbers are D77A-6B032-AA and has a FORD logo as well. There is also a label on the mount that has a different part number which says D7ZZ6038-B. it looks similar to a Ford Mustang mount from 67 or 68, but I’m not sure . Anyone have any ideas on how to proceed.  My internet searches have been futile. Thanks[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bvaxer

Back to top Go down

Correct ford 302 motor mount Empty Re: Correct ford 302 motor mount

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:31 am

Hello, and welcome to the forum.
Sorry to be the one that tells you, but the mounts have been discontinued for years. Had an E-Bay search set up for a couple years and never got one single hit. Nothing in the aftermarket either.

The numbers are
D7ZZ-6038A right
D7ZZ-6038B left

I didn't need them. Just wanted spares.
I did see some kind of kit that involved replacing
the rubber. Don't remember the details, but it involved removing all the old rubber and a mixture to form new. This is what i found doing a quick search.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Correct ford 302 motor mount Empty What now?

Post by Bvaxer Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:30 am

Any ideas as to what course of action I should take. I am so frustrated I am prepared to just chain down the motor so it doesn’t move. Are there any mounts that could be adapted to fit?

Bvaxer

Back to top Go down

Correct ford 302 motor mount Empty Would job weld work

Post by Bvaxer Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:33 am

I wonder if I could use a product like JB WELD to repair the mount. Has anyone tried this? Thanks again for all your thoughts on this topic.

Bvaxer

Jimboquick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:08 pm

Sure have had that same level of frustration many times. Seems almost every car i've had was hard to get some parts for. Requires ingenuity and some compromises to keep them going.
Doubt JB Weld is going to work. Too hard and brittle. Mounts need to flex. Have seen drag cars with engines chained down. Might work OK, but it's a band aid.
The pour your own looks like it will work. I would try that first. Second choice would be mounts that are close and could be fitted by a little cutting and welding. A lot more work but better end results.
If you go this route, you could document it, put together a kit with instructions and sell it to the rest of us that will need it.   Shocked

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by Bvaxer Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:20 am

Thanks for the comments. I’ll do some research on other mounts that might be adaptable . I’ll keep u guys posted. Thanks again for the feedback.

Bvaxer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:15 pm

Not sure if this will work as I'm not up on Ford stuff except rearends.  This is not cheap, but does appear to be very similar to what you pictured.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Bvaxer Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:36 pm

Thanks a bunch! Those look very close to what I have. I will order them and let you know how they work out.

Bvaxer

Back to top Go down

Correct ford 302 motor mount Empty Update

Post by Bvaxer Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:02 pm

Trying to find the correct mount has been frustrating. I resorted to chaining down the motor and it seems to be holding. I will have to fabricate some mount extensions to the frame since the current available motor mounts are just too short.

Bvaxer

Jerry & Lisa Mills likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:41 pm

Well Damn.
Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear those mounts weren't easy to adapt.
Was hoping you'd come back with how easy it was to fix. Are you going to try the "pour your own" type ? Would be very interested in hearing if you find a long-term solution. Thanks

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Correct ford 302 motor mount Empty Ford Mounts

Post by Loren Tungesvick Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:24 pm

Old circle track fix was drill and tap two 3 /8-24 holes to bolt the broken one together. Normally only drivers side.

Loren Tungesvick

Jerry & Lisa Mills likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevez Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:35 pm

I may have a pair of Ford motor mounts that came with my car that I’m not using. This is in response to an old topic that I am just now seeing. If still interested, let me know and I’ll see if I can find them to send you a pic for verification.

Stevez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down