Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electric Radiator Fan

2 posters

Go down

Electric Radiator Fan Empty Electric Radiator Fan

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:51 pm

Umpteen years ago, when i was building my car there weren't a lot of choices for fans.
Am using a Flex-a-Lite 16" that pulls 2200 cfm. It's working well with the 4 core, brass, high efficiency standard size Mustang II V-8 radiator. Just replaced the controller for the second time (3 total). It's a Hayden - adjustable. Nice little unit when it works but made in China. It's the kind with the temp prob in the radiator fins. Not opposed to changing it to a sender in the water jacket type.
Now that we've moved to Phoenix, most favorite wife wants to add A/C. Hope to use the same radiator, but that's not set in stone. May have to go aluminum.
Hoping to avoid 10 days of internet searching and ask you-all for firsthand recommendations. Anyone out there have some wisdom to pass on ?
Thanks

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Electric Radiator Fan Empty Re: Electric Radiator Fan

Post by AHSebring64 Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:16 pm

I'm a big fan of "http://coolingcomponentsinc.com/" solid state fan controllers. They are very compact and easy to wire, eliminate separate relays, can operate two fans or two-speed fans, are weather-proof, and have never failed me (used for years on two different cars). I had a Hayden once on a previous hot rod and it didn't last very long for me either.

I can also recommend Cooling Components integrated fan/shrouds if you decide to upgrade yours.
AHSebring64
AHSebring64

Jerry & Lisa Mills likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum