Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

oil pan ground clearance

2 posters

Go down

oil pan ground clearance Empty oil pan ground clearance

Post by jdpetro Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:27 pm

I'm setting the engine and building the mounts, 302/auto. Having never seen one of these in person, can someone help with ground clearance or better still, with front sump pan what is the relation to front cross member. Just by looking i'm thinking dead even or just above it.Thanks.

jdpetro

Back to top Go down

oil pan ground clearance Empty Re: oil pan ground clearance

Post by AHSebring64 Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:59 pm

For reference, my front cross-member has 6 inches of ground clearance and the small block Chevy with a rear sump oil pan I'm using has 4 inches of clearance (as does the deep-sump trans pan) and I haven't had any issues with clearance.
AHSebring64
AHSebring64

Back to top Go down

Post by jdpetro Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:29 am

Thanks for the info. I finished the mounts last nite and set the pan even with the cross member. Ended up at 2.5 degrees of driveline down. Now the trans mount.

jdpetro

Back to top Go down

Post by AHSebring64 Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:04 pm

Don't forget to also take clearance between the top of the air cleaner and the hood into account.
AHSebring64
AHSebring64

Jerry & Lisa Mills and Ramjam72 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum