Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

axle housing

2 posters

Go down

axle housing Empty axle housing

Post by JRW Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:28 pm

Just curious as to what the axle housing length is on the Classic Roadsters build & if anyone has had any success mounting a little wider tire & rim than the manual suggests?

JRW

Back to top Go down

axle housing Empty Re: axle housing

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:00 pm

For the Mustang II

Num. of Doors : 2
Wheelbase : 244.3 cm or 96.18 inches
Length : 444.5 cm or 175 inches
Width : 178.3 cm or 70.2 inches
Height : 127 cm or 50 inches
Front Axle : 146.1 cm or 57.52 inches
Rear Axle : 146.8 cm or 57.8 inches

I'm running 215-60R-15 on 6" rims. There's a little more room between the leaf springs and the fender panels, but not a lot. i know i've seen 225s on one that wasn't an MX. Not a bunch of wheel choices if you have the 4 lug wheels, but lots of custom wheels can be made and you can spec the offset. $$$
Something else to consider is the lack of 15" tires.
The choices are slim and getting slimmer. If you go for new wheels, you might consider 16 or 17". Lots more choices of tires. Just my .02 cent opinion.

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by JRW Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:09 pm

TY 4 the info. That is very helpful and I was looking at a 16 or 17 inch low profile

JRW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down