Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

reference colours

3 posters

Go down

reference colours Empty reference colours

Post by westton Tue May 26, 2020 5:53 am

HI
My car is red, tinted in the original mass(top coat), if i want to repaint an element, for example a door, do you have a corresponding color reference? maybe from another car?
Thanks

westton

Back to top Go down

reference colours Empty Re: reference colours

Post by David V. Tue May 26, 2020 9:18 pm

Hey Westton, Gel-coat isn't commonly done on cars, so it doesn't follow the same code system for matching. Your best bet is to go to a fiberglass boat builder/ boat repair shop, they are used to matching gel-coat colours. However it will never be 100%. You might be better off having the car painted if you'd like it perfect.
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by westton Wed May 27, 2020 2:10 am

OK,thanks

westton

Back to top Go down

Post by Snunker Thu May 28, 2020 12:42 am

When I bought my Sebring in 1987 it came aa a black gel-coat.  It never was that shiny no matter what I did and there was always a "shady" area of the cowl that was noticeable.  5 years ago, I decided to have the car repainted black and couldn't be happier with the result.
Snunker
Snunker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum