Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seating Options

4 posters

Go down

Seating Options Empty Seating Options

Post by Monrob22 Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:11 pm

I am looking for seats on my MX project and thought I would pose the question...

What kind of aftermarket or other seats have fellow members using?
Has anybody used BMW seats with success and if so which model?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Monrob22

http://Monarchcustomcabinetry.com

Back to top Go down

Seating Options Empty Re: Seating Options

Post by Hotrod Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:10 pm

I'm using Mazda Miata seats. Mine are out of a 1995 special edition version and have separate headrests. They fit in the car very well and are comfortable, to me at least. However, I have not driven my car with the new seats as it's been down for a complete redo.

I have back issues now that I didn't have when I first got my car and doubt that the original seats would allow me more than a few minutes of drive time.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:58 pm

Thank you Hotrod for the idea!
I am looking for comfort and support, also something the wife could tolerate as well.
The 60" low buckets I have in my MG are good for about an hour only.

Monrob22

Back to top Go down

Seating Options Empty Seats

Post by DrJ Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:13 am

I second the 95 Miata M-Seats. I have driven about 3,000 miles in mine and their perfect for the wife and I. No worries on the fit, the backs are adjustable and lock, just the right amount of lateral bolster and their appearance are very reminiscent of early British rides. With some fabrication I fitted 3-point inertia seat belts as an added "safety" feature. Found mine on e-bay for 300 bucks for the set. They were pretty well patina-ed but were saddle in color which matched my interior. I had planned to have them reupholstered and to have added heaters in them when my interests switched to the Midyear Corvette. I liked the seats so much I reinstalled the OE seats back into the Healey to ready her for sale and am fabricating new floor mounts to install them in the Vette.

I checked e-bay a week or so back, there were two sets up for sale. As an alternative you could look at SCAT Pro seat. They have 3-4 models that would work and provide complete dimensions.

DrJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:26 pm

Wow! Thank you for the great input! I will look in to both of those.

Monrob22

Back to top Go down

Post by sharding Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:06 pm

I have the Scat seats in mine, much more comfortable than the originals. They are almost too wide, but do fit. They sit a little higher than the originals, too; I'll have to fix that.
sharding
sharding

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down